Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

german shephard showing aggression to other dogd

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by tes, Aug 25, 2013.

1. tes

tes PetForums Junior

hi i have a 7 yrs old german shephard neutered male iv had him since being 8 weeks old. whilst out walking he shows aggression to other dogs he barks n pull to get to them i do muzzle him as i worry about other dogs approaching him. he lives with another dog a jack russell and has never shown any aggression whats so ever towards her also hes fine with my dads dog. hes great with people n kids always has been its just this problem while were out. any advice would be great thanks

2. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

Is it definitely aggression -could it be excitement or frustration at not being able to greet the other dogs?

Apart from your family dogs, does he play or interact with any other dogs while off lead, and if so, how is he?

3. tes

tes PetForums Junior

i put him back on the lead if i see other dogs. i would like to think it was just frustration but the other day i walked him with a freinds dog who hed never met before after the first meeting of him barking n lunging towards it wi just kept walking and he settled thene while we was stood the other dog playfully pawed him and he snapped at him. he hasnt always been like this he used t be really freindly with other dogs this has seemed t stem since we lost are other gsd a couple of yrs ago she was quite dominating. and he was fine when we got our jack russell as a pup

4. Tonipascoe11

Tonipascoe11 PetForums Junior

My Staffie is exactly the same, she's fine with some dogs but goes rough with others as if she's dominating them, but I got a springer pup and shes amazing with him. I wish there was more advice on this as I want her to meet other dogs but can we trust them not to attack them?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice