Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gerbils

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Windsong, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Windsong

Windsong PetForums Newbie

I want to buy a pair of gerbils but I'd prefer not to buy them from the petshop.

Anyone know how/where I can find a private breeder?

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum :)

Thankyou for not resorting to pet shops, they're not the nicest of places :(

Have you tried going on a gerbil forum? there are a few of them out there and many members are also breeders. You might not be able to get a gerbil pup from one of those people but if you join and keep posting and showing a definite intrest in wanting a gerbil, you might be lucky!

Otherwise, there are also rescues out there! Many RSPCA rescue centres also have rodents and there are independant rodent rescues up and down the country, a quick google search for rodent rescues in your area should help!

If all else fails, there are loads of adverts on places like Pets4homes and Preloved for unwanted litters or unwanted presents looking for homes!

hope thats helped & good luck :)

3. jirdy

jirdy PetForums Newbie

Where do you live?

I have some babies. I live in London

4. Windsong

Windsong PetForums Newbie

I live in South East Wales.

Thank you for the information/suggestions (and the welcome) Verbatim! I've had a quick browse of the websites that you've mentioned and signed up to a breeder forum to post a wanted ad, but there doesn't seem to be anything local-ish to me at the moment. I'll be patient and keep checking though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice