Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gerbil Rescue & Adoption

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by swanseagerbils, Jun 30, 2009.

1. swanseagerbils

swanseagerbils PetForums Newbie

hi guys, we are a gerbil adoption and rescue service in swansea, we rescue and re home gerbils from all parts of wales

why not visit our site and see whats going on

Swansea Gerbils

"GIVE A NEW LEASE OF LIFE"

Thanks

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aww i'd love to rescue a pair of Gerbils, I live in North West England though, so I doubt you'd rehome to me?

3. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

where abouts are you from?

i have a couple of females looking for a new home :)

4. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

North West England, near Manchester... i'm not sure if i'd be able to take them on yet though cos I need to buy a chest of drawers/table cos I don't have any surface space to keep them on :laugh:

what colours are your girls? :)

5. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

that wouldn't be a problem :) means my sis would stay happy for longer :p

they are all agouties :)

[​IMG]

6. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

This is why i make people sign a terms and conditions form etc....so that none of my gerbils end up in rescues.
    It's always so sad when people give them up for stupid reasons e.g. my child has lost interest :rolleyes:

7. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i agree it is sad when things end up in rescues

i wasn't too impressed with my friend that was meant to have my 2 females...she told me last minute as in like 1/2 hour before she was meant to come to get the pups that she wasn't having them because her land lady said no...i assumed she had already asked if she could have them!

i'm glad shes not having them in a way...i don't really trust her tbh =/

8. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I'd love to have some gerbils. There was one when i went to get Leo from the RSPCA. He was in a tiny cage all on his own. He looked so sad :(
    I want to go and get him but i have never had gerbils, only hammies. I want to do a bit of research as to what they need etc first. Are they easy to look after? What kind of cage will i need? I just won a Freddy 2 rat cage on ebay that i was going to use for Leo. Would a cage like that be ok?

9. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i keep my gerbils in a tank as you can really fill them with sawdust so they can dig

they are reasonably easy to look after yea :) they don't smell like hammies either :p

best person to ask would be marica :)

xxx

10. swanseagerbils

Hi, sorry you are a bit for out of our area that we deal with, well a few hundred miles i think lol

Thanks for your comments:)

11. swanseagerbils

Hi, our gerbils have tanks that are filled with sawdust, this helps them keep fit by digging round the tank and making a mess of it all lol

We tend to change our tanks sawdust every few weeks as this gives them something to do and also keep the talk clean. Usualy after we change the cage round the gerbils will get to work in makin it there home "Make a house a home". Hope yr gerbils are all well

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice