Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Georgie is at the vet...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Georgies Mum, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Georgies Mum

Georgies Mum PetForums Member

Just dropped Georgie off at the vet to be spayed. I'm very worried but I have faith in the vets and they are fairly commonplace operations,but she is still my little girl and worry as much as I would about anyone in my family having an op. I've just been told that she will have to wear her collar for 2 weeks. She won't be happy. Aw I hope she will be ok. She was quivering in her carrier,she hates going out in it yet she still sleeps in it every night. I have a feeling she might not anymore after this vet visit :crying:

2. kathyj

kathyj PetForums Member

Fingers crossed for Georgie, but I am sure it will all go smoothly.

Our kitten, who is now 10 months old, loves sleeping in his cat carrier too - he goes in it every evening while we are watching TV, and suddenly you hear an almighty purr - he has a blanket and a pair of old tights in there that he loves to knead!!

Let us know how Georgie gets on later.

3. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

aww i was the same when howard went to be spayed, she was so trusting and when we turned up at the vet she looked at me like i trusted you mum......:nonod: but it all went well lol :D

4. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

Sending Georgie lost of healing vibes and hugs to you. I'm sure she will be fine.

I know its a worry. My dog had tumours removed last week and I was so worried about him but he was fine.

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i am sure Georgie will be home again in no time. As for the collar, Dizzy hated hers, but Dazzle didnt have to wear one.:)

6. Georgies Mum

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Have had a lot of support since I joined a little over a week ago. She is gona hate me lol.

7. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

Best wishes to Geogie from Cookie. Cookie didn't have a collar either, I booked Thursday to tomorrow off work, I thought she might need me - how wrong I was :nonod:

8. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

She'll be fine as you've seen mine were and are. You'll be freakin out tonight when she's home and acting like normal. I hope you've got lots of food in mine had 3 meals from 6.30pm until midnight. I also bought them some get well presents a mouse laser pointer (recommended by Holly, Rowan and Willow) a squeaky mouse and a pop up orange cube. :)

9. Georgies Mum

Yeah Im going to pick up some food pouches and toys from p@h when I pick her up. The nurse I spoke with this morning said bland food is best for tonight as she may be nauseous,what can you recommend? She prefers gravy over jelly. Thanks :wink:

10. Georgies Mum

Just got my girl home. Bless her. She is still dopey from the anesthetic and ran straight downstairs before I could catch her but she is fine. Got her in my bedroom now on my dressing gown,which she loves. Next to my side of the bed so I can keep an eye on her. Git a feeling oh may be cooking dinner tonight so I can stay with her. She went to jump up on the bed aswel,she is not one for lying down. :nonod:

11. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

Glad to read Georgie is home. Now she can have all the TLC in the world. :)

12. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Pleased all went well for Georgie :)

She'll be running around with like a loony before you know it :D

13. Aw I know how you feel. I worry everytime I have left each of my pets at the vets to have their ops. Gizmo our kitten is booked in for next friday and I know i'm going to worry but it's the best thing for him.

14. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

I have the impression that our babies are more robust than we think they are :D

She is probably lying there wondering why mummy is being so protective ;)

15. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

gla georgie is back safe :) if his anything like mine tom you will have a mini hurricane o your hands :D

16. marleyboo

marleyboo PetForums Senior

hoping everything goes okay with georgie :(

i was worried sick sending marls to be spayed :(

im sure hell be fine lots of snuggles when he gets home xxxx

17. Georgies Mum

She cannot get used to the cone,keeps walking into things :huh:. Seems to be more alert though. Doesn't want the pouch that we got from the vet,so what shall I feed her? Can I roast a chicken breast and mix it with plain wholemeal rice?

#17 Georgies Mum, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  18. kathyj

kathyj PetForums Member

Glad Georgie is home safe and sound. I was going to suggest getting a pouch from the vets - mine gave me one for our kitten when he was neutered, and he loved it. Think it was Royal Canin Sensitive. But he will eat anything.

19. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

I just fed mine the normal food they are fed on. Think it's just another money making ploy to buy food off the vet.

20. Georgies Mum

Yeah I only bought one pouch but she doesn't seem interested so chicken it is lol. She keeps trying to drag her head along the floor to get the cone off. I know I shouldn't laugh at her but I can't help it. :yikes:. Bad mummy laughing at her fur-baby!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice