Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

George's walker - pics

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Bryxy, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Bryxy

Bryxy PetForums Senior

His walker arrived recently so I took a couple of pics of him in it to share :) I think they clearly show I'm not destined to be a photographer but I did my best!

He took to it really well and had no problems setting of from the start. It's brilliant because it keeps his back legs straight instead of him crossing them as he often does which causes him to fall to the side. Not to mention his back end is completely supported so he's got less weight bearing on them I think that helps the most! It's only been a few days but I've definitely noticed a confidence boost in him when he's out and about in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm so happy with it and his reaction to it I've been walking around the park with the biggest smile on my face :D

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Must be lovely to be able to stride out again.

Can you get some pictures of how it actually supports him?

3. Fluffaluff

Fluffaluff PetForums Member

Awwweh how handsome does George look :aureola:

4. Bryxy

Bryxy PetForums Senior

I'll try to take some proper ones of him in it before the walk tomorrow, just popped into the garage to take this one though:

[​IMG]

His back legs fit through those two holes and then the straps connect over the top. It's fitted to his measurements so there's no problems getting him into it. I put it through his legs while he's laying down then pull it up as he gets up. Then that is connected to the walker itself (as in the picture those two bits that stick out and up at the sides) but the connections are in the middle of the harnessy thing not the top so his back end is free to move up and down naturally without it coming off. I'm sorry that sentence doesn't make much sense but I can't think of a better way to explain! Some of the straps are elasticated so it doesn't restrict him too much. Then there's the strap further forward that goes under his stomach/chest for a bit of extra support. It's surprisingly flexible in allowing his movement and he can go to the toilet in it no problems which is great and means he can finally do it in one place rather than having to move forward to keep his balance like he used too. Picking up his business used to be a nightmare I'd have to follow a trail to get it all up!

I'll take some more pictures tomorrow of how it all fits on him back there. :)

He looks much more cheerful than he used to on his walks! :D he's been getting more attention when he's out people stop to ask how it all works and why he's in it etc and give him a pat which makes Roxy insanely jealous!

rona likes this.
  5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Thankyou :)

Please don't stress him out about it so early on just to get some pictures

6. Bryxy

Bryxy PetForums Senior

Oh my gosh of course not! :eek: I've been letting him walk about as he pleases around the park and just following him around so he can get used to it on his own, I have to guide him away sometimes so he doesn't get stuck anywhere. The problem is he's stone deaf as well so I have to get his attention in order to ask him to change direction. At the moment I'm waving my hand in front of him to catch his eye which seems to work well and he knows the hand signal for 'come here' so I can get him to move towards me instead of into a bush. He's on a lead but I keep it loose as I don't want to be pulling him about everywhere. Do you think waving my hand in front of him is an alright way of getting his attention or is there a better way?

I'm only going to take the pictures if he's happily going about doing his own thing as he was in the previous pictures. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice