UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked Geoffrey from the cattery and brought him home.
I got Ruxpin and showed him to Geoffrey who sniffed inquisitively!
We let Geoffrey out, holding Ruxpin. Geoffrey sniffed him and Ruxpin hissed! :eek:
Geoffrey is totally not bothered by him at all - it's the other way round! Crazy! Ruxpin is now hiding under the sofa again while Geoffrey plays chase with his balls and OH in the hallway.

·
Administrator
35,985 Posts
Rosie was like that as a kitten. She spent almost a week hiding under the bed in her safe room :( Just be patient and Ruxpin will learn that he is safe with you but it may be that he will always be a shy type of cat.
Even now Rosie hides away when we have visitors and will only come out when they have been here for a while. She made an exception when she was 'looking after' Mai Tai's kittens and would come to check out prospective slaves :D

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reassurance! I think after having Geoffrey who was so outgoing its a shock and hard to deal with him being so timid. I just want him to be happy and I just hope once he settles in he will be! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.