Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Genetic tests for mixed breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Photo Galleries' started by DogMum35, Aug 22, 2019.

1. DogMum35

DogMum35 PetForums Newbie

Hi Guys,

I am new on the forum and just wanted to post a picture of one of my lovely rescue dogs and also share an experience with you.

This is my rescue dog - Duke. Around 40kg which means he is very tall. My husband found him under a bin when he was a few months old (along with 6 other siblings). We had no idea what mix he was but the big paws were a clue to what we would end up with. We wanted to know as much about him as possible so we could train him and care for him correctly so we bought one of those genetic tests. Anyone care to guess what the results came back with?

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

No idea, but he’s very handsome :)

DogMum35 likes this.
  3. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

rubbish at this but - greyhound cross?

DogMum35 likes this.
  4. DogMum35

DogMum35 PetForums Newbie

We think he is mainly a Galgo (Spanish greyhound) Mastin cross. However, the genetic test results said he was Cocker Spaniel and French Bulldog!! As a 5-month-old puppy, he was already bigger and heavier than the max weight they predicted. How we laughed!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice