Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

General question related to petcare.

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by MicleThomson, Apr 8, 2011.

1. MicleThomson

MicleThomson Banned

Hello,
    I want to know whether one should hire a stranger to take care of the pets while someone is on vacation. You can feel free to comment or suggest your views.

Thanks
    Micle Thomson

#1 MicleThomson, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. Dulally

Dulally PetForums Junior

Hi there!

:thumbdown: Everything in me cries NO! :( Would the stranger have access to your house and valuables let alone a defenceless animal? Would you able to do a check on the stranger? Why not network amongst yur friends?

Or advertise locally and see what happens, if none of your friends or rlatives can help?

Good luck :)

3. louweasel

louweasel PetForums Newbie

Hi i,m a vet nurse thats petsits in my spare time. Really you should make sure the person is police checked and has insurance.
    If you speak to your local vets they probably have nurses too that petsit or can recommend someone to you.

4. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Ditto what the others have said.

5. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Completely agree with other posts.

Would NEVER leave my pets with a stranger-
    on therare occasion that they have been left with 1 of our children( they are both in their 30s)to take care of them we have worried and rung home every day.
    Would never forgive myself if something had happened when a stranger was looking after them
    Maureen

#5 Lulus mum, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  6. mugatea

mugatea PetForums Newbie

I'm a dog walker/pet sitter and to all my clients I'm a stranger to begin with, I think if you research who you are getting well enough you'll be ok. Getting recommendations for a local established pet sitter shouldn't be hard.

Google maps is a good place to find local pet services. Most will have links to their websites and which can help you judge.

7. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

No. We take our dogs with us. ( They wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of a stranger anyway. )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice