Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

GDS: A good dog to own or not for everyone?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by acaciabrown, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Yeah, I think that's pretty much what she meant :( racism in the dog world :rolleyes:

I can't even understand why they won't show them, white GSD's are so beautiful, imo they're nicer than the standard coats because they're so striking to look at. I'd have Zion (my friend's dog :D) over any standard GSD, he's a lovely big fluffy baby :)

and for anyone to still be culling puppies in this day and age purely for their colour is absoloutely disgusting. Is it not illegal? Surely it's animal cruelty?

I'd rather people tried to sell them as "rare" for more money than just killing them :(

2. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

The reason for white gsd's being highly undersiable in the breed standard is due the work they carry out....Guarding and Herding. The white coat makes the dog more visible which is a minus point for guarding and also they are then harder to see when herding and in snowy conditions.

As a pet the colour doesnt really matter.

thedogsmother likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice