Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

GCSE Season!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MissShelley, May 21, 2010.

1. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Started at my boys school today! kicked off with a 2 hour PE GCSE... Didn't envy him in this heat :( He did maths and english early entries last year, so doesn't have those to worry about! just higher english literature. History, science, geography, food tech to go!

he thinks he did well, had study leave this morning so him and friends decided to go to the park to 'study' ended up playing footy :rolleyes: but said the paper was 'relatively easy' time will tell lol :thumbup:

2. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

That's fantastic :thumbup:

I think I had 21 exams for GCSE, its a really rubbish season :nonod:

Just two for me this year (A Level) :D

Fingers crossed he gets on OK with the rest :)

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Good luck for everyone taking exams!! :) I remember my GCSEs boy they really worked you!!

A levels were just as bad though, I had 2 3 hour exams in one day :(

4. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I remember GCSE's, they seem so easy now to A Levels and a Degree!

5. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I thought GCSE's were worse just because of the sheer number of them :lol: It does get harder but at least there aren't quite as many and we get to pick what we do more I guess :)

6. CharleyRogan

I thought A levels where worse! They were so much of a jump in the difficulty between A Levels, and GCSE. There isn't much between degree and A Level imo

7. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Luke ( 14 ) my other boy has it worse, he's in his options year, and has opted to do Geog, french, history, media and music. He would of liked to have done them all ( bar PE ) He's also been selected to do an AS level in ICT next year, because hes in gifted and talented for the subject ( as well as for maths and english )... He also wanted to do german GCSE, school can't offer it to him because there wasn't enough interest but a friend has offered to teach him in the subject and school have agreed he can sit the exam with them so he's going to be very busy come september! He's very academic, loves learning loves to challenge himself, and is hios own worst critic, he has said he wants to go to 6th form and uni...Michael just wants to be out there earning, he's very bright, and doesn't struggle with his work, but he doesn't push himself like Luke. He'd like to do an apprenticeship in engineering, become a mechanic like his father. We are going to an apprenticeships evening soon, so hopefully that will be useful :)

8. CharleyRogan

Our Olly is doing his GCSE's, he 15 nearly 16...... I cannot believe that he is nearly 16 already! I remember him when he was born!

9. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I had a PE exam today, but I do short course so It was only 1 hour long, missed lunch for it and I cleared the fridge when I got home, i was so hungry :lol:

Got english lit on tuesday, woohoo :(

10. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

My son had his final Biology exam today for GCSE.
    Fingers crossed he got the A he wants.
    He's hoping to study Biology, Chemistry, Physics and one other 'ology' for A levels as he wants to go to medical school.

I've got 1 in each year - 11, 10 and 9 so I've got a few years ahead of me with stress of GCSE, AS, A level and degrees to get through.

Hope your son does well, it doesn't sound like he's letting exam stress get to him :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice