Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

GCCF Financial status?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by tylow, Jul 27, 2009.

1. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

Having just looked at my breed clubs delegate report from the June meeting of the GCCF it appears the GCCF require to raise an extra £100,000 by the end of the year to remain in business! One of the proposals was to raise money by applying an annual prefix charge, although this didn't go down to well. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the situation?

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Not heard of it but I know they have put up transfers and things :(

3. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

I'm glad we're with Tica then!

Bloody cheek considering how picky they are with the names in the first place!! :cursing:

4. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

I think they are going to ask for a £5 charge extra for every litter registered. I also think they were thinking of letting people add their prefix to the end of a cat's ped name for a fee, like they do at TICA but it didn't go down too well.

5. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

I am pretty sure the annual prefix charge was a no go but I think from 1st August there is an increase of £1 per kitten when registering them plus a £5 registration fee on top plus the transfer of ownership has increased. I think there may be Minutes of the outcome on the GCCF site but I may be wrong!

6. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

It states in our delegate report that certain cat clubs are offering loans to the GCCF!

7. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Sounds like if things aren't backed then there will be no GCCF this time next year. What is £5 for each litter to save them?

8. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Yes, I think there was some agreement to that but I think it is for each club to decide whether they can afford to do so.

9. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

The problem with the GCCF is the way it's run. They need to be less stuffy and more relaxed then more people might use them rather than Tica. Do they recognise silver Bengals yet?

10. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

Not sure if they recognise silver bengals yet but i fully agree with what your saying about them being stuffy and needing to relax. Apparently they're looking at changing the judging not sure about how! Much prefer the Tica shows, as a spectator but unfortunately only have the one in Scotland

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice