Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gardens

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Jul 12, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

Do you plant your gardens principally for yourself, your dog or wildlife.
    Mine is mainly shrubs and grass, with a small pond.
    Most of the shrubs are good for bees and also create shade for my frogs, and slugs and snails for the hedgehog.
    The ponds is covered with netting, for the hedgehogs safety.
    The only thing I don't encourage are the birds, my neighbours have so many cats.

2. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

My garden is huge!!! I live in rented accommodation and the garden was a real mess when I moved in. I rented a skip earlier this year and spent a few days clearing it! My landlord paid for the skip :) I've slowly been clearing all the flower beds and even found a circular path at the bottom of the garden that I didn't know was there :eek:

I mainly grow plants from seed and friends give me cuttings as if I go to a garden centre I spend too much! :rolleyes:

3. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

I do my garden for us to enjoy but hope that pup enjoys running around it and having fun too :D

There's no way i'd totally pave it for him either...it's my garden and it will remain so ;)

4. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

My garden is centred around the swimming pool - although the dogs are allowed in it and its been designed with steps for them to walk in and out - İ have a specific area where they do there business and they have all been trained to use this area if they have to use the garden because İ much prefer not to have the pool pollutted.

5. littlekitty

littlekitty PetForums Senior

We just plant a few flowers/bulbs each year so that we can enjoy sitting outside with the kitties.

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

The front garden is mainly gravel and is where Henrick does his late night/early morning toilet visits, the back garden is taken up by a huge trampoline and a lawn area and that is for the kids and Henrick to play in. I have no plants as I kill every plant I touch :blushing:, seriously the harder I try the quicker they die.

7. reddyrufus

reddyrufus PetForums Member

My garden has a lawn that has lattice fence around the edge leaving a path that leads to a drive with alot of room. The dogs come on the grass whilst we are on there but we don't let them have then run of it 24/7 because of my little boy. They love their area though, they like to look under our big gates at people walking past, it's funny when they bark and make people jump:D

8. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Garden , lmao

this is what my two have reduced our front garden to :eek:hmy:
    [​IMG]

The little white dog is a friend of theirs who came for a visit , lol
    [​IMG]

9. Smarty Pants

Smarty Pants Guest

My mams area is real posh it has planters and trees and a pond. we have a large family and always have folks over they sit outside when it is warm enough as my mam dont like smoke. my dads is what it is and it aint going to change for no one - not even my mam

10. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Back garden is just for the dogs, because it was so wet it's all paved but I put a clam pit (paddle pool) out for them when its warm.

Front garden is also paved but planted with lots of herbs in pots & a large fuchia bush & lilac bushes that attract a lot of bees & flutterbys.

Would love a bigger garden where I could have a pond etc next doors garden his huge 3 times bigger than mine but they do nothing with it, takes them all their time to cut the grass

11. Smarty Pants

Smarty Pants Guest

Hey mese I like your dogs.
    Ruby

12. rona

rona Guest

I just love their dusting hole :D
    That must be really lovely when it rains :lol:

13. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Out the front I have a postage stamp of a lawn and a drive for the cars. Monty doesn't go out the front cos it's not fenced.

The back garden is a different story, it used to belong to my kids but now its Monty's :D Totally fenced in, a small patio by the shed and rather large lawn, he has his choice of shady spots depending of what time of day he is out there, although he seems to prefer my sun lounger atm, especially if the comfy cushion is on it LOL

June 345.jpg

I also have got another patio area which is the length of the house and about 6 slabs wide but my DDs 10ft trampoline is currently occupying part of it. My "oasis" is a chunky wooden table and four chairs with some new cushions I treated myself that were half price in Tesco ;)

I don't do plants, although last year I grew some petunias from seed and put them out in hanging baskets. I haven't done it this year cos we are going away on holiday and although my neighbours are lovely and would look after them for me, I don't like to put on them too much. I might do some when we get back, see how the weather is and how I feel.

14. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Thanks hun :)

Its like they have their very own dog made paddling pool :smilewinkgrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice