Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Garages

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CharleyRogan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Why do they cost so much? I'm sure they bump up the price when they see people like me who don't know what they are talking about..... I just paid £70, to have my brake shoes altered because somewhere along the line something has battered my back wheel!!

2. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

When I go anywhere..lol Say a garage, for eg, my exhaust half fell off, I took the rest off and went to a garage, I showed them the exhaist and said I was after a quote, when they said £50.00 for a replacement I said Bloody hell, one they other side of town said £30.00 quite often works.. lol and quite often they will do it cheaper rather than lose the buisness..
    Its also always handy to know a mechanic.... lol

3. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I guess you pay for their knowledge.Best thing to do is buy a haynes manual for your make of car and do the smaller jobs yourself.Thats what my huby and i did years ago.Very rare our car has to visit the garage.;):D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice