Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gales today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by new westie owner, Jan 3, 2012.

1. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

:eek: Wind out there today :eek:

2. la468

la468 Guest

It's windy here but not as bad as they're saying on the news. I am planning on going into town but luckily I don't think I'll be swept off my feet.

Just heard there's been some winds at 91mph wow.

3. peanut651

peanut651 PetForums VIP

I've got a day off today and Icouldn't have asked for a better day:D Already been on the phone to my mate to wake him up and we're meeting up later with the powerkites:cornut:

4. new westie owner

I got far as front gate with Bobby he couldnt move in wind bless :) had to make do with back garden (hes not happy about )but trees are blowing about making him nervous :(

5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Just trying to think of somewhere to walk the dog with no trees :confused:

So pleased he's got hydro this afternoon :)

6. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Well we have driving rain and high winds, the lights in my house are flickering :eek: ONLY just getting light here.

7. new westie owner

Lights flickering too rain just started :( i have to go out in it later :eek:

8. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

I'm watching the dustbin men emptying green bins on the street in a force 9 gale...being the usual council operatives they are just dumping the empty bins on the pavement...one by one they are blowing over and sliding about.

So are they are putting them up against a hedge or wall to prevent this?....Nope!....:mad5:

9. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

stay safe on the roads noodles xx

10. new westie owner

Green bin day here today most of bins blown over got full bin bags blowing about street :(

11. danielled

danielled Guest

Bad here too windy and rain. I hope ordsall hall doesn't leak again. It reopens today. Last time it was like this the great hall leaked. knew they should have fixed the gaps in the Walls when they were doing everything else when it was shut for 2 and a half years.

12. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Sons just been on skype from Oz...He's been for a dip in the sea earlier to cool off...it was 40c...:eek:

I prefer the gales...:biggrin:

13. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

I was woken up at 6 this morning by my daughter who was woken by the noise of our 8 ft trampoline with enclosure, hovering across our garden and then lifting into the air and over into next doors garden and crashing down onto their lawn :eek: :eek: :eek:.......I'm just glad noone got hurt and there was minimal damge to the fence between us, just slightly chipped. It could have caused absolute mayhem if it had blown further.
    Neighbour was fine about it and has spent the last hour outside taking it to bits. Watch your trampolines in these winds folks!!

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

lovely weather im off for a walk on the beach in a bit :thumbup1:

15. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I just need the rain to stop for half an hour to go and have some fun with Kane

16. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

rather windy here .... glad im not in work today

17. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

The beach was :crazy: still eating sand :arf: dry here though :D I think we had a months rain through the night :eek:

18. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Very windy....Ive got some badly fitted windows so its producing some good sound effects in the house!!:D
    The dogs have informed me that they are dry clean only and will melt in the rain so walks are suspended til this afternoon:rolleyes: (should be dry by then)..

19. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

Its REALLY windy here too.. We have a back door which isnt fitted properly, and you can hear he wind whistling through it :O The rain has calmed down a bit now, but when I got up this morning it was rainin that hard it looked as if a river had overfload into our garden :O
    Trying to get molly out for a wee in this wind and rain is almost impossible, and even when I get her out, she just stands there waiting for me to let her in... I finally managed to get her to have a wee, but she did wait for the rain to calm down first, so I think walks are off until this afternoon, (fingers crossed it stops ranin...

20. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

torrential here

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice