Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

gal eggs help

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by animalloverabh, Aug 7, 2009.

1. animalloverabh

animalloverabh PetForums Junior

right here is the storey i was kleening my snails out and i found some smaller than a peppercorn sized see-trough little balls about 15 off them, no clue wat they are help! p.s i also found one yellowy white peppercorn sized one as well!:eek:ut:

2. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Those are eggs. There should be more than 15 though....
    If you don't want them to hatch, place them in a sandwich bag and put them in the freezer. I normally leave it a couple of weeks them throw them away.

3. animalloverabh

animalloverabh PetForums Junior

thank how do i make um hatch :confused:

4. Acrophylla

Acrophylla PetForums Member

I carefully scoop the eggs out with a spoon and place them in a closed container. I leave them in a room at normal room temperature and they hatch in 3 weeks. When they're born it's important to feed the baby snails with a mixture of vegetable peelings, such as carrot , potato and also dandelion leaves. This is because a varied diet promotes a nicely patterned shell. And they also need to gnaw at eggshells so they can get the calcium they need to help their shells stay strong.

5. penguinsruledaworld

penguinsruledaworld PetForums Newbie

I always leave mine in the tank where they've been laid, wait two weeks, and they hatch. Last time I did this, over 105 hatched successfully, more than enough to cope with, so it's a successful method! Once hatched, make sure you move them to a seperate tank with plenty of soil and food. The first time I hatched ggs, they all died as they were too exposed and there wasn't enough soil

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice