Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gah! Sisters!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AmberNero, Jun 27, 2010.

1. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Uuuuuuuuuuuurgh, I'm so tired of my sisters. They snipe and bitch and moan about me and even to me about me. They don't like the way I talk to them, to mum, to MY partner. Even my aunt and partner have told me that they bully me but it's taken me until recently to actually realise that I'm not the problem, I'm not horrible, lazy, arrogant, rude or misguided, I've just got used to hearing it from them in various disguises. Like 'I'm only trying to help' and if I try to defend myself all I hear is that I'm over-reacting and to calm down and stop being rude.
    They comment on my clothes, my health, my weight, my relationship with my partner, my career, my attitude to life. I'm a year older than one of my sisters was when she had her son, and I'm already a homeowner with a good career to come when I return to, and finish, the teaching course, yet when I commented on wanting children both sisters (both mothers) told me not to be so stupid, that dogs are enough for me. :frown:
    The final straw of me putting up with their nastyness was not long ago when one of them said "I just watched your boyfriend pick up for bags of s**t from dogs he doesn't even want" I just told her to keep her comments to herself, that I don't comment on her life, so she shouldn't comment on mine. Why do they think this is ok? Even if my partner didn't like the dogs, which isn't the case, why is it ok to be so judgemental and rude?
    The other topped it off nicely by asking me why I don't get my stomach stapled :eek: WHAT? Is she serious? I am in no way that overweight, larger than I should be, certainly, but stomach staples??? :mad:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! They make me feel so awful about myself and my life. They get so ANGRY if I say that they're upsetting me, though. So I give up.

Sorry for the rant... I just needed one. Thanks :eek:

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

A clenched fist is there for a reason, use it to your tactical advantage... :smilewinkgrin:

Seriously though, without resulting to any 'bang-a-boom', give them a taste of their own medicine. Whenever they criticize and pass snide comments, give them straight back. :yesnod:

Good luck, and give em' hell! :devil:

3. rona

rona Guest

I have 5 sisters and 3 of them are like this. I tried and tried to get on with them for a very long time, without luck.
    I now only have contact when it is necessary, I'm not unpleasant to them BUT, I never go out with them unless it's for something with my mother and we hardly ever speak to each other.
    I suggest you do the same before they pull you down, or before everything gets nasty

4. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

It's true what they say isn't it! you can choose your friends but not your family :(

I wouldn't bother with 'em hon, and when they ask why, tell them exactly why, and until their attitude changes you don't want to know. Do they actually give anything constructive? if not then why do you need them?

Be proud of yourself, and your acheivements, sounds like you have a supportive partner that's all you need in life :) x

5. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

I literally bite my tongue sometimes- when sister #2 commented on my partner picking up the poop, I was very close to telling her exactly what I think of HER life, but as tempting as it is, I think the ignoring-but-being-civil route is the route to take. They never bother my brother, and he ignores them. I just wanted so badly to be close to them, to have fun with them, like sisters from Enid Blyton books (clearly both are a fantasy!) I suppose that can't happen unless/ until they see me as an equal.
    Thanks for the support, guys :eek:

6. willa

willa PetForums VIP

I did go through a stage like this with my little sister.
    But she's been away abroad for 5 months on her Gap Year. She gets back on Wednesday & i can't wait to see her.

God we missed her

7. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awwww thats horrble maby it because there jellous of you that what i tell my self if my sister are horrble witchg sometime there are and i wouldnt put up witrh it i would tell them im the best i can be and like who i am because noones the same in every way im total diffent to my sisters they are in to hair dressing and looks and a little bit selfist lol but im in to animal helping out family and doing what i can and im happy im diffent from them so you should be happy with who you are
    if all dont gat better cat fight lol:lol::lol:

8. rona

rona Guest

The trouble with turning it around on them is that it doesn't actually make you feel any better and can cause so much more bad feeling.
    Live your own life, be proud of yourself and hope that one day in the future that things can be different.
    I fear you may have a long wait though, I've been waiting 20 years and mine still feel that they can pass judgment on me, even though they know nothing about me :rolleyes:

9. MissShelley

I agree, don't resort to that level. I have two older brothers and i've always been the silly little sister who isn't capable of doing a lot :rolleyes: when I drove to Birmingham to see my Mum all they did was slag me off and take the piss, putting me and my car down, yet I drove there and back with no help from them or from fancy sat navs, like they both use, all I got was "I know better" attitude from them. I don't care anymore, I have Jon and my lovely kids. I don't need that, I've learnt not to expect support from either of them over the years. And it makes me laugh they are so busy stuck up their own arses they don't know half of what their kids get up to, one golden child throwing eggs at cars when I drove past him, he saw me and dropped his egg, would of loved to have marched him back to his holier than thou father and explain why i'd brought him back. My other brothers kids have all been kicked out of school for causing trouble, yet my kids work hard in school, both well behaved and have never caused us any grief :D

#9 MissShelley, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  10. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Just the one?, you haven't lost Luke again have you?.
    :lol:

11. MissShelley

You havent seen him today have you??? :lol::lol::lol: he could be anywwhere!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. jon bda

jon bda Guest

That'll save me a fortune in computer upgrades...
    :thumbup:

13. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

:) Thanks for all the niceness everybody. Also, oddly, it's nice to know I'm not the only one in this kind of situation. Not in a sadistic way, but in a 'I'm not over-reacting, this happens to other people too' way. And my partner is supportive and loverly, and when we ave kids, it certainly won't be on my sisters terms! :lol: I dread to think what they'd say if they knew we wanted to foster another dog. They'd probably implode!~
    Anyway, thanks again, you lot! You're making me feel better, and a lot less angry :D

14. rona

rona Guest

That's the attitude :thumbup:
    Take control :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice