Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fussy puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by McKenzie, Apr 12, 2011.

1. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Well McKenzie has turned into a bit of a fuss-pot when it comes to food. When she was a wee pup she used to get so excited about her food but now she's very uninterested in it. She usually eats it all at night, but mornings are very hit and miss.

She'll eat pretty much anything that you give her as a treat - the only things so far I've found she won't eat are celery and raspberries :rolleyes:

She's currently on ziwipeak and naturediet, previously she has been on wainwrights wet and dry, and hills dry.

Any one else have this problem? Or any solutions? I'd so love for her to be excited about her food again!

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I think Bumby may have said to Kenzie he's just started on Lily's kitchen stuff this morning and he's loving that but also, have you tried popping her food in the microwave just for 10 seconds or so? It takes the chill off and makes all those 'yummy' smells a bit more potent :lol:

xxxxxxxx

3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Yup Kenzie told me :D I might check back with you in a few weeks to see how he's going with it - I don't mind paying the price if she'll actually EAT it.

Didn't think about heating her food up. I'll try that tomorrow morning and see if it makes a difference :)

4. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I don't think it's worked out that badly for me when I've looked at it because I was thinking that :lol:

The little starter set comes with loads of stuff and the postage is free too (win!)

He's even gone back for more of it. Think this one was goose, duck and fruit :lol:

And the little apple and cheese treats are yum....

:crying: I couldn't help it :crying: I had to try them :lol:

He seems much happier to eat things if it's been heated just for a few seconds

xxxx

5. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

If she's getting fussy with her food the chances are you could be over feeding her (as a concerned doggy mummy). Maybe she's ready to go onto one meal a day. My little JR will only eat one meal a day and it's a minuscule amount but she thrives on it :)

Is McKenzie almost fully grown? as a small dog she will not need nearly as much food when she's not growing. The amount of food it says they should have on the packets is only the manufacturers guidelines so she just might not need as much food as she's getting.

:)

6. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I did wonder if I was feeding her too much and she just wasn't hungry, but she doesn't even get excited about her food if she misses breakfast.

I wondered if she would be better on one meal a day, but I didn't know if that was a good idea given she is only 7 months. I already feed her at the bottom end of recommended daily intake.

Maybe I'll try just putting down some dry for an hour or so in the morning. That way if she doesn't eat it I can just include it in her dinner rather than throwing it all out like wet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice