Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fussy kitten still wont eat wet food!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Elise.x, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Elise.x

Elise.x PetForums Junior

I posted a thread about my kitten only eating dry food and after trying a few types of wet that he wouldnt touch and after my vet said that an all dry diet was fine i was going to do just that, but after posting on here i was advised by lots of you that an all dry wasnt good. So you all convinced me to try better quality wet, which i did, i tried purely kitten wet food and had it delivered yesterday, put some in Hanks bowl and he turned his nose up at it and gave me a look of disgust :rolleyes:

I dont know what else to do :confused:I think its totally obvious that my kitten just dosnt like wet kitten food :( I cant afford to keep on buying boxes of different brands for him to turn his nose up at :(

The only other thing i can think of is to try him on raw, but i wont be able to do that for a while because i will need to buy a bigger freezer cause we only have a small one at the moment and i just cant afford to buy one at the moment, especially with unexpected vets bills we have just had to pay for:(

So does anybody have any other suggestions? because i have ran out of ideas:confused:

2. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

personally i think an all dry diet is fine...
    my cat is on an all dry diet as will my new kitten be.

3. harleigh

harleigh PetForums Member

I totally agree with Rachh, my Xander downright refuses to eat wet food. So he has biscuits and is a perfectly happy little chap. You can't force them, just let Hank be happy and clearly he is happy on his biscuits. :D

People on the forum may feel certain things should be done with animals but at the end of the day the animals are like us and either love or hate things. So think of something you hate...beetroot for arguements sake...now would you be happy if i gave you a bowl of beetroot and said eat it or go hungry? Lol
    :001_tt2::001_tt2:

He'll be fine and vets do know best...they're paid enough to!

Rachh likes this.
  4. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

lol! nice way of putting it! If some one gave me a bowl of fish and potato id puke :x

5. harleigh

What about fish and chips then? :001_tt2:

6. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

still puke! I hate it haha!
    omg im so un-english :rolleyes:

7. harleigh

I hate chinese which in a strange way is very English! I hate all food thats sloppy, makes me gag.

8. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

omg i like chinese ;D
    lol
    especially chicken chow mein and sweet and sour chicken balls

nomnomnom

harleigh likes this.
  9. harleigh

Eww! I wonder if we've actually helped the OP tho..heard nothing lol and they'll think we're suggesting strange food for Hank!

10. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

haha well i hope we have!

11. Elise.x

Elise.x PetForums Junior

lol, yes you have helped thanks, its nice to now that im not the only one feeding my kitten on dry food only :) Its like you said, i cant make him eat anything that he wont like :rolleyes: Thanks again, and by the way i love chinese food to :D

12. Ok

An all dry diet isnt ideal imho however if he is refusing everything else what are you to do?

If he's happy and healthy i wouldnt get your knickers in a twist over it, just make sure he gets plenty to drink xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice