UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Fussy eater

609 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  DKDREAM 
#1 ·
I am after some advice, If a dog will only eat dry kibble what should I do to encourage it to eat wet/raw food. She just seems so fixated on her dry.

#6 ·
I can understand your concern but after a nightmare getting Heidi to eat her puppy kibble, I would say stick with what you have for now (as already mentioned Whites is a good feed) and maybe think again about raw when you perhaps consider taking her off the puppy food.

#8 ·
There are very often posts here about dogs refusing to eat dry food, and owners searching for a kibble the dog will eat. But I can honestly say this is the first I've seen about a dog that refuses wet food in favour of dry or raw.

My two are on a full raw diet, stick half a pound of lamb mince in front of them and it's gone before the bowl is down lol.

If she guards raw food from other have you tried feeding her in a different room on her own?

Can I ask what wet/raw foods you've tried.

#9 ·
I have tried on her own she just sniffs looking for dry food. I have tried her with mince, raw lamb,beef,chicken mince,Rabbit. Iv'e tried Hi life food and dreaded pedigree as a last resort, but even that she refused, so i wont be trying again. the boys eat raw no bother its just her i have problems with. I have tried cooking the mince and she has ate little ammounts but then wants her dry again. I feel maybe being the runt the others have ate all the meat so all she has known is Dry?

#11 ·
I prefer raw as i am thinking about long term, I know dry can mark the teeth raw is natural and helps clean teeth, I do brush her teeth but being a small dog she is more prone to teeth problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.