Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Furminator

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by paddyjulie, Jul 29, 2009.

1. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Just bought myself a furminator(dog brush), it is brilliant

Got a really good buy off ebay £34 pound in our local pet shop £14 on ebay

juliex

2. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Dont have one but sounds cool and good bargain!!

:)

3. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

my neighbours got one she said they were really good, i watched a clip of one being used i think there worth the money imo x

4. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I got one from ebay and love it. Couldnt believe how much fur I got out the first time I used it.

5. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

They are great but dont over do it, they can damage and break the hair. (just a bit of caution :p )

With gentle use it takes out all the dead stuff leaving a lovely shiny coat ;)

6. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Mine just arrived today.
    Had a chat with my groomer and you have to be careful with them,do not over use them as they can cause nasty skin problems.
    Ok from most dog types but not poodley ones as it rips the fur out by the roots.
    She said only use once a week and very gently

7. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I've got one for Harvey and it's brilliant! I do agree though to exercise caution and don't over use. Once a week is enough :)

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I Used Henricks every day for about 4 days cos he was moulting really badly, but I was very gentle and as soon as loads of hair was no longer coming off I stopped doing it as regullarly, I would agree that once a week will be ok now he isn't moulting enough each day to make large rug.

9. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Great brush and yes be careful, I once got it stuck on maya's tail and instead of lifting it, i just tugged it and half her tail fur came with it and for almost a week she had this odd bald spot on her tail. :eek:

I would not live without though :D

10. I think they are great and i too got mine from Ebay. I only use once a week as thats all she needs. I also use it on my cats

11. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

My cats have never allowed me to brush them (ever:eek:) but for a laugh I tried and they adore it, when I pick the brush up they start meowing and following me, must be a bit like a massage. Got loads of fur of them as well so that has got to be good (no furballs).

12. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I shall have to try it on my cat, I can just about use a rubber brush on him and when I can it's no more than a minute or he gets agitated and attacks it. Shall have to try the furminator on him as he sheds far too much.

13. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

Oh this seems like a good idea, wen i got my dog i thought the breed was low hairloss, oh boi was i wrong.... (hoover 3times a week!!!).. Gonna give this device an try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice