Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Furballs and Felini?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by KathinUK, Sep 25, 2013.

1. KathinUK

KathinUK PetForums Senior

Hi All,

For the past month or so half of Sally's diet has been raw plus Felini rather than partly raw Honey's which has bone - the other half being CatzFine, Lily's Kitchen etc in rotation.

Bearing in mind this is molting season and she's semi-long haired, I try to brush her everyday when I'm well enough myself.
    But she's been throwing furballs almost every other day since 2 Sept and while she is otherwise well - as far as a lymphoma kitty can be that is - I'm really wondering why this might be happening. These are huge furballs too!

I've tried adding egg yolk to her raw tho it doesn't go down well and she can't have anything with malt in cos of the grains.

The vet is little use on this one - she just looks at me and suggests the lymphoma may have 'spread' to Sal's gut. Given that she's eating well and gaining weight - between these episodes - then I think this is very unlikely.

Has anyone had similar issue with Felini .. or might I be doing something wrong here?

TIA

Kath

2. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Hi Kath,

I've been feeding ours raw with Felini maybe 5 meals each week for a month or so - but no signs of any furballs at all.

Sorry that's probably not much help. :eek:

3. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

Felini twice a day here and no furballs yet, not even from the Tiffanie.

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear that Sally is suffering a little at the mo. When you use the Felini, do you use it with lean cuts of meat or does she have a decent amount of fat in the diet? Or are you cutting fat out because of her illness?

Are you still using some Honey's too or are you just relying on Felini now? Personally, I would use both.

5. KathinUK

KathinUK PetForums Senior

Thanx hobbs - yes I think fat shortage could be the issue as she has been on a lean diet lately. Hmmm it cleared up the vomitting and diarrhoea but seems to be too lean.

Not been giving her Honeys for about a month cos I tend to supplement it a little but Ive been ill and relying on Bill to sort most of her food out. He's just bought some goose fat to try tho I worry about it making her sick.

Kath

6. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Alternatively, have you tried growing some cat grass? Otherwise perhaps using some more fatty cuts of meat might do the trick. If the issue is food-related rather than her illness spreading as the vet has suggested...

Anyhow, I hope the two of you get it sorted :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice