Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Funny pet habits

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by missye87, Apr 5, 2011.

1. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

What are your pets favorit habits? Habits that you love but may take for granted :)

- Sooty loves toast.
    - He also likes to sleep on his mummy's back (she sleeps on her tummy). If her back is not available or gets too warm, her pillow, curled around her head will do.
    - He also likes to beg. If the begging doesn't give a result, nicking stuff off the plate will suffice.
    - If he fancies wet food at 3am and you don't wake up promptly, he will deliberately find the nearest bag/piece of paper/object he can knock off a shelf.
    - Leaving the butter out is at your own peril, need I say more?

2. NightMare1

NightMare1 PetForums Newbie

ive just had nightmare for a couple days so he is still adjusting but I have notice he hates being alone, when he wants petting and not near you he will walk to you meow then meow again when closer and when he is by you he will sit look right at you and lets out a loud meow I just love it!!!

3. Forget-me-not

Forget-me-not PetForums Member

Oscar is our naughty coonie and his "funny" habit is climbing up your back to sit on your shoulder when you're making a morning cuppa. It was cute when he was a kitten but less so now he's a big cat. My step-father got a nasty surprise when he did this to him last Sunday morning (and a pair of torn PJs LOL)

4. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

My Rhubarb likes toast too and likes to run up you when your doing something in the kitchen that she feels she needs to supervise(again cute when she was a kitten not so cute now trying to wash the dishes with her on your shoulder).

I also love the fact that she had loads of toys that she does play with but she loves quality street wrappers even more and will happily bat round one of them for hours.

When we get our tesco shopping delivered Rhubarb and Noodles get put in the living room and when you open the door you can tell they have called a fighting truse and both sit on the arm of the sofa waiting to be let out to investigate what has happened they then spend a good 10 mins sniffing from the front door to the kitchen where the guy has walked.

When Noodles is tired he comes up to me meowing away in such frustration because he is that tired then snuggles up to me and sucks my ear or his fleece untill he falls asleep.

And Rhubarb likes to sit in the sink in the bathroom and watch me while im getting ready for work/bed.

5. Laura21

Laura21 PetForums Newbie

well i have 3 girl cats tiny age 5 likes too climb up your back and gets really jealous if you go near our dog and she also loves too rob cheese an butter lil monster . fluffy age 5 we have a 2 year old chow chow dog and fluffy loves to act like him :) and then theres poppy she is one this month and for some strange reason she loves too hump my other girl cat tiny :p and when your on the phone she always crys untill you come off for attention :) and she always carrys her lil pink ball everywhere. x

#5 Laura21, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  6. Drewa

Drewa PetForums Junior

My Reuben does what I call "silent meows" i.e. he opens his mouth as if he's meowing but no sound comes out - it's funny but peculiar! He's a BSH - don't know if that's anything to do with it? Oh, yes, and he does meow in the normal way too!

7. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

Thats what Rhubarb did untill she was about 6 months, she meows now but sometimes she forgets and does a silent one. Noodles on the other hand you cant shut him up.

8. catlove844

catlove844 PetForums Senior

my boy sleeps on my pillow and smacks my face to wke me up!!! His a rescue moggie, big fat black cat :)

9. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

I love the way us kittyslaves can buy them lovely toys, but they are nearly always more happy with a bit or rubbish or even a fly!

10. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

1) Molly will sit in the kitchen every morning waiting for OH to share his bran flakes (he sits on the sofa with 3 bran flakes on his leg, so Molly can help herself :rolleyes:)

2) Every morning without fail she will go to the front door to have a play fight with OH laces whilst he is trying to put his boots on!

3) Every evening, normally 7pm, she will jump from the window cill straight up on to my shoulder for her evening cuddle!

4) Every night, without fail, she will follow us to bed lay in between us and demand her cuddle before she falls asleep!

She is definately a creature of habit :lol:

11. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Kazuki likes to sleep across my neck like a scarf, and if he can't get comfy, he plonks himself on my face :lol: He also likes to chase feet in bed, which can be very painful! He is obsessed with the bin in the kitchen and has knocked it over a few times at 3am meaning I have to get up and pick up all the rubbish he has spilled. He meows ALL the time. His greatest goal is to one day get on top of the fridge and eat my OH's goldfish. :rolleyes:

12. Smitherooney

Smitherooney PetForums Member

Smithy will sit at the sink while i am trying to wash up. he will sit just in front of me to the side abit to watch the water and bubbles. it's funny but you can't get your arms around properly to wash up. :nono:
    he also picks up the washing up scrubbie in his mouth and carry it from the sink out to the front room maybe usually at night for some reason.
    another one is when i'm on the loo he has to barge in and start playing with the toilet roll, ie shredding it. he does the same when i'm in the bath has to peer in and grab bubbles. :nono:
    then there's the laser pointer which makes him run at the wall and up it and lands in such a funny position. the neighbours must wonder what on earth we are doing :blink: he's nearly past the light awitch which is quite high really.
    smithy never says much but when he does open his mouth, i shout 'oh he spoke' you have to be there.
    then there's Rupert who never stops mouthing off. always has to be so vocal.
    :w00t:

13. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

Ari scratches her post after using the toilet, when comes from outside (the balcony) and before eating her meals and treats. My husband says that she's 'washing hands' :)

14. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Indie, our coonie was Born Mad, Everything he does isn't normal. Guess thats why we love em eh! :D

15. Sparkles87

Sparkles87 PetForums Senior

William has many funny habits:

* He likes to jump from floor to shoulder (he's very considerate and keeps his claws retracted) whenever he gets half the chance. He then likes to sit there while you attempt to continue whatever you're doing.

* He absolutely loves crisps and fights with you to get the bag as soon as you open it.

*He enjoys getting into the shower while you're in it (if you dare close the door he simply cries the entire time).

*He likes to lie under the duvet on his side next to your stomach while your in bed, also lying on your side (aka spooning :rolleyes:).

*His favourite way to drink water is out of a glass. Of course it can only be one which you are enjoying a lovely refreshing drink from.

:001_wub:

Sparkles
    x

16. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

Gypsy LOVES watching me cook. She doesn't even try to steal anything... usually. Kiera would get a job as a hearing cat for the deaf. If the phone rings she runs to it. If the timer on the oven goes, she runs to the oven. And of course she always always knows where her special lace is :) Oh yeah - she hoards lighters too. I found 14 under the settee yesterday!

17. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Hoarding lighters?! :)
    Sooty loves watchiong me cook but solely for the purpose of hoping that I'll drop him some food. He has become more of a begger and scavenger since he is on his low-protein diet :)

18. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

It sounds really funny that he loves water that much! Sooty is more wary with water now, he never used to mind going for a splash in the bathtub if you were having a nice relaxing bath, now he isn't so keen :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice