Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Funny Christmas Cards, well I think so....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sleeping_Lion, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Some people may or may not know (depending on whether you've got the option to view signatures or not) that I produce art work for a living, doing cards, prints and commissions, and hopefully more in the future.

Well, I've been working on some humorous Christmas cards; now bearing in mind that I like all things 'working dog', and a lot of my art website is based on Gundogs and working dogs. Anyway, I came up with five designs I liked, and approached a charity to ask if they'd be interested in having a donation for every pack I sold, giving them space on the back of the card for their logo and a brief sentence about their charity. Unfortunately, one of the card designs is a little too controversial for them to be associated with. So I approached a second charity, and they came back with the same response :eek: So, as the deadline for the printer was looming up I decided to call it quits and just go ahead without the charity link.

Bearing in mind my sense of humour is quite dry (to say the least) can you guess which design it was that scuppered my ambitions to help out a charity?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't see that any of them are worse than something like 'The Far Side' type of caricatures myself. And, despite being unable to associate myself with a charity through the card sales, I'll carry on doing the charity stuff I do normally.

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Cocker Christmas Tree :p

I love them all! :D

3. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Put me down for a pack of each!

4. animallover111

They are fab.......love them all......:D

5. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Hehe i like the Christmas Pudding one lol :smilewinkgrin:

6. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I love them :D...

7. rona

rona Guest

I think the charity may have taken exception to Christmas is cancelled

8. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Torn between christmas is cancelled and cocker tree
    All fab tho I'd have em, that would be a shocker to hubs clients as opposed to the normal boring stuff that gets sent out :D :D :D

9. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Spot on (as usual) Rona ;)

One of the charities even suggested they wouldn't have minded a turkey across the back of the Gorran, although what a deer stalker would have been doing shooting a turkey is beyond me. And anyway, technically it would have been a capercaillie if that were the case, a proper Scottish game bird :)

For anyone interested, the cards will be available off the website, priced at £7.50 for 10, which includes P&P.

10. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

They are fantastic! :D

11. rona

rona Guest

Oh reckons the Christmas Pudding looks like his Chessie :eek:

12. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Well having two chocolate puddings myself, I kind of based the 'look' around them, although they're obviously a tad leaner ;):):)

13. rona

rona Guest

Ours is too, but you can imagine them getting that way if they snaffled the turkey ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice