Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fun stuff to teach dog???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Dimwit, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Dimwit

Dimwit PetForums VIP

Since I have given up going to obedience training my list of things-we-are-rubbish-at-and-need-to-work-on has shrunk dramatically:D
    SO, I am looking for ideas of things I can teach my dog to do. Preferably not involving huge amounts of space (I live in a small house) or requiring too much brain power. Dog needs some sort of mental stimulation and he loves clicker training so just really looking for ideas for things we could do (I will carry on with basic obedience but tend to do this more on walks).
    We did a scentwork workshop last week which he loved so I have been doing this a couple of evenings a week.

2. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

The sky's the limit really :D Spencer shuts doors and drawers, picks things up, carries the laundry, rolls onto his back, gives paw, targets things with his nose, looks left and goes through legs. None need much space and he picked them all up really quickly.

3. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

I've got a good book called 'Brain Games for dogs', it's full of interesting games to play with your dog, from really simple things to challenging tasks.

Diz loves playing 'find it', I hide a tennis ball and she has to sniff it out, then sit when she's found it. She'd do it all day :D
    I want to try it with a different scent so I can teach her to find the remote, my keys, my cashcard and my phone (which I'm forever losing!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice