Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fun new enrichment ideas for my rabbits

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Lucy025, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Lucy025

Lucy025 PetForums Newbie

I have three rabbits of my own, Rio who is 3, Daisy who is 1 and Lewy who is 10 months old.

I am always on the look out for new things to give them to do and have fun with. They've been really lucky as we had an apple tree come down so they've been munching apple branches this week!

I am just wondering whether you can suggest any other things. They have tunnels, hay balls, balls, chew things that hang up, but just want something abit different.

Thanks in advance for any ideaas you may have! :)

2. MrRustyRead

MrRustyRead PetForums VIP

the best thing i have found is cardboard boxes, all shapes, all sizes, they love them ha

3. Lucy025

Lucy025 PetForums Newbie

Do you just give them an empty cardboard box or do you fill it? I do give them one occasionally, but Rio chews them and I worry it will harm him.

I was going to make them hay racks out of the apple tree branches so that they can eat the hay and chew at the same time if they want to. I just don't know how easy it will be !

4. tallmama

tallmama PetForums Member

Oh my bunny's love cardboard boxes, have demolished loads of them. I have put shredded paper in them or hay and they either sit in them or rip the boxes apart bit by bit, they don't last long ! :001_tongue:

5. SammyJo

SammyJo PetForums VIP

two of mine love to chase around treat balls - I put their pellets in them and they nudge them around for ages, keeping them occupied and feeding them at the same time :)

6. Lucy025

Lucy025 PetForums Newbie

Mine do have treat balls but seem to loose interest really quickly! Daisy just digs all the time, and digs out of her and rios run! Any tips on stopping this? I have tried a digging box but she won't have it! Her run is 6ft by 6ft so pretty big.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice