Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fun Dog Show Judging

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Lucky'09, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Lucky'09

Lucky'09 PetForums Junior

We went to a dog show at the weekend at Tatton Park which said FUN DOG SHOW which to me means all breeds including cross breds (which they do include) I have a collie cross and was rather angry and upset that all the dogs picked in classes were all pedigree full breds even in best rescue! Yes there were better dogs in some classes but I don't think it's fair that the judge only chose full bred dogs and only cross breds I will not be recomending the show to anyone else.

Attached Files:

• 245.jpg
      245.jpg
      File size:
      122.1 KB
      Views:
  2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

The first and only fun dog show I went to had judges that chose their friends as winners and placings, and not actually judging properly. I don't do fun dog shows anymore, but I hope to do agility competitions with my dog soon.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Oh i HATE that. I sometimes take Oscar to a greyhound day, and its ALWAYS greyhounds or lurchers than win, even though my poor boy is in better condition, was rescued from worse, and had THE waggist tail.

Predjudice i say.

When they are looking over the dogs, the always avoid touching mine, like they think he's going to rip their hands off. If it wasnt for a cause, i wouldnt bother going.

4. davehyde

davehyde Banned

pets at home or my pet stop, forgot which one, do a national scruffs show especially for x breeds.

they have a huge national final and that one is fun.

5. rona

rona Guest

I used to go to a lot of them a few years ago, some are good some not.
    I judged one once and had to keep placing a dog that I didn't think in a million years that I would place because it wasn't my fav breed, it was just so much better than the other dogs there, it was a SBT

6. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

It totally depends upon the judge, not the venue. You should go to a Champ SHow if you want to see upset with a judge's decision ;)

7. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I've been to shows like this too. Generally the ones run on behalf of rescues are better for fun classes cos they are usually done in the spirit of fun. I went to one last year for a RSPCA rescue and the judge was asking my friend, who I add does have the most beautiful GSD bitch..rescued of course, if her dog was spayed as she should breed off her because she was so perfect!!! To say I was gob smacked was to put it lightly, I couldn't help but point her in the direction of the bloody huge sign promoting neutering!!!:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice