Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Fuming and upset

Discussion in 'Wildlife Chat' started by rona, Jan 5, 2019.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I've had another more conciliatory email. They say they will look into it and have asked for the grid reference.
    I've asked again about the person doing something like this having to do an assessment

Lurcherlad, Cleo38 and Animallover26 like this.
  2. rona

Have contacted my friend and local Butterfly conservation representative to see if he can either shed some light or back me up with these faceless people who don't seem to care

Animallover26 and Cleo38 like this.
  3. rona

Got some info from my friend, sent to him as formal info from the council on running a volunteer group on just this sort of work. Apparently they only have to do a risk assessment, not species assessment :(

4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Definitely make a fuss as I think alot of these sort of incidents are ignored or people don't know what to do.

I made a right fuss a few years ago when the local council cut the river bank outside my house when all the wild flowers were in bloom, there were numerous insects, etc & it was beautiful. In an hour they had destroyed it & it's still not quite recovered but because I kicked up a stink I then managed to get it excluded from future cuttings so it's only done at certain times now to ensure its not ruined again & the flowers can go to seed. I could have wept when I got home & saw what they had done that day

#24 Cleo38, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  5. rona

Yes I did the same with a couple of areas near me, but that was my district council which have been brilliant.
    This is the county council and it seems full of egos.
    I do intend to follow this through though. Hopefully in future they may be a little more thoughtful on habitat

Animallover26 and Cleo38 like this.
  6. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

I hope you get somewhere with this @rona Please keep us updated if you can.

rona likes this.
  7. rona

Got my final reply. Apparently they now agree that it was partly cleared by WSCC volunteers, however, they only cleared the path. Once they had left,the landowner gave permission to the angling society to clear the banks.
    I'm now going to try and find out which angling society has that piece of water

Cleo38 and Animallover26 like this.
  8. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Take it to the local paper.

rona likes this.
  9. planete

planete PetForums Senior

rona likes this.
  10. rona

I have informed the local guy and he said there's nothing can be done. They don't have to make assessments :(

11. mrs phas

mrs phas my home, my sofa, my rules

in my experience anglers dont give a monkeys, as long as their 'swim' is clear thats all they care about
    should hear those near me ranting about the otters on fb and in RL and dont understnad why others would prefer to see the otters, than men catching fish on a hook
    I mean, how dare a top predator ,been around since gods dog was a puppy, kill and eat the fish they pay to catch!

rona likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice