Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fully loaded.....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lizzyboo, Jun 4, 2010.

1. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

with questions..... i apologise in advance :):);)

first one....... radley seems to have lost the excitement of going on a walk. he gets all excited when we put the harness and lead on him but as soon as we get out of the door, he refuses to move. he used to pull so badly he would choke himself so i went and got him a little harness which he is much better on, but now he wont go more than 5 steps without just stopping and completely refusing to move! a 15 min walk can sometimes take me an hour. what can i do to overcome this?

second one :) i have had radley on boiled rice and fish for about 3 days now (due to his little tumser not liking the vitalin i just bought in a huge quantity!!) his poop has got a lot firmer than it was, it isnt hugging the grass any more, but it still isnt like it was when he was on the pedigree.. what should a 'normal' poop be like (i know im sorry but i needed to ask :eek:)

third one... when do you start weaning a doggie off treats.. by this i mean for everything he does right (think this may be part of the walking problem) and just start treating them occasionally?

fourth (are you still there) at what age can i start to groom radley (westie 16 weeks old) i was told by a groomer at about 9 months but radders is gonna have dreadlocks by then :lol::lol: his fur is quite long but i can feel and see the coarser hair underneath and its a different colour, its like sand, its beautiful.

fifth (not asleep are you?) going back to the rice and fish thing.... how much should he be having each meal, hubby says i dont give him enough. he has about 1/2 a bowl full each meal, 3x a day. also how do i introduce another food properly, what quantity of old to new do i start with (better explain in tablespoon measures, im a bit thick when it comes to maths pmsl)

last one (for now :p) have you all had a good day in the sunshine? :thumbup::001_cool:

2. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

anyone?????????? helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

1. Could you try carrying him outside and setting him down a few feet away? He's still very young and I'm assuming not been on walks for very long so could be a bit nervous. Give him lots of praise and maybe a favourite toy along as a reward/encouragement.

3. When he's doing it everytime for the treat give him a treat every few times, then when he does a few commands, every so often give him a whole handful. Eventually he should do it without any treats.

4. Start doing it now. He has to be used to be brushed and it's better to start at a young age

Hoped this helped

4. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

thankyou nicky... was beginning to think nobody loves me :)

5. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Hi same with my lil westie at 1st he walks great now and his hair getting thicker and longer too doesnt like getting brushed much but if distract him with something a lot better he is 4 months now :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice