Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fuel Warning!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ClaireLouise, May 7, 2011.

1. ClaireLouise

Just thought I would post this because I did know till today :D

Dont Fill up your car with fuel when the petrol tanker is on the forecourt delievering fuel!!!
    It stirs up all the bits in the tank under the petrol station and it can end up in your tank and cause problems.

My dad repaired a neighbours car last week that had been filled up at Morrisons when the tanker was in. Caused loads of problems and cost £300+(not including a lost tank of fuel) to put right and that was my dad getting it sorted cheap!

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

:eek: Thanks for the warning, makes sense but its not something I would have thought of.

3. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I have never heard this and used to work in a petrol station! All depends what's being put in at the time I suppose, they don't just whack it all in because the numbers have to be checked and all in all it takes about an hour to do because we used to have to go out and supervise! (Nice sit off with a cup of coffee). I suppose its probably something to do with the water build up, as thats the main reason petrol pumps stop working because they get water in them! least it was in our case!!!!

I heard driving on empty causes crap in the engine but filling up I haven't heard!

#3 CharleyRogan, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

thought there was ment to be filters on the tanks to stop any carp going up to the pumps

i would of gone back to the garage

5. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

never knew that, thanks :)

6. ClaireLouise

Morrisons are having to pay for it :)

They filled up and pulled off the forecourt and the car was jumping and stuttering. They found loads of sediment in the tank and the car is only 8months old so its not buit up over time. Morrisons are accepting liability

7. CharleyRogan

I don't think it necessarily crap, I think its water which does mess your engine up!

Also using your phone in a petrol station will cause you to blow up is actually a myth. They have debunked it! Also CB radios will not cause you to blow up, they were banned as they use to mess with the pumps so you got more petrol than you should for the same price!

8. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

hmmm need a CB radio me thinks..... :glare:

9. ClaireLouise

10. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Do you know why you never see puddles of fuel on the ground at gas stations? It's simple, petroleum vaporizes below the boiling point of water (100°C), 95°C to be exact in atmospheric conditions at sea level.

11. CharleyRogan

if you see puddles of petrol on a forecourt, complain as they should have put sand on big quantities!!!

Thats the prob I have with my new car... last person had a manky sock as a petrol cap and now if i put petrol in it, it just evaporates!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice