Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fudge

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jujuice, Mar 31, 2011.

1. jujuice

jujuice PetForums Newbie

FUDGE was my mothers 4 month old puppy, she was a staffordshire bull terrier cross (my mum was informed with an american bull) she was the most loving and happy dog ever. She was no threat to anybody! Yet on the 22nd of March our poor baby was awoken by the police knocking on my mothers door saying they were seizing her.. Fudge was put down an hour after them leaving my nans house, she was given no chance and no tests were done on her to determine her breed before her death
    I am devastated about Fudge's death... She or my mum where not given a chance...I am a huge dog lover and have 2 of my own who are my babies, my world and since Fudge died, I wont let my two out of my sight x
    Please sign this petition to help us achieve some justice for Fudge, we wont get her back but we may be able to spread enough awareness to prevent this happening to anybody else!

Thanks guys xxx

Justice for Fudge - PetitionBuzz

#1 jujuice, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

That sounds horrendous for all concerned :( I am very sorry you lost Fudge like that. It seems you didn't stand a chance.

3. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

That is unbelievable! How they're allowed to get away with this is dumbfounding. This has got to to stop. I have signed the petition and shared on Facebook and Twitter. Is there a Facebook page in Fudge's Memory?

Rest in Peace Fudge xxx

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Signed the petition, disgusting, what more can I say:mad:, and these are the people who are supposed to be protecting our rights.

5. jujuice

jujuice PetForums Newbie

We have a facebook group for Fudge...at the moment its a secret group because the DDA have taken this case on so group is a secret incase the police get wind and with legal proceedings started its best to keep it this way for now....
    There saying when they seized Fudge off my mum she was a banned breed...she wasnt... she was a normal, happy, loving little puppy who was adored.
    Thanks so much for signing her petition...if anyone wants to pm me private with their facebook name i shall add you to the group x
    We as a family are devastated by the loss of little Fudge...she can never be replaced x

6. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Signed with a heavy heart - i'm so very sorry to read this. :(

7. jujuice

jujuice PetForums Newbie

Thank you so so much xxx

8. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's really terrible :(

I've signed it and will try to pass it around but don't have Facebook

Rest in peace tiny puppy

Em
    xx

9. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Im soo soo sorry,that is awful.

*sending hugs to you and your mum* xx

10. jujuice

jujuice PetForums Newbie

I am so humbled by your replies...thank you all so so much xxx
    We are going to try & change this law and stop this happening to another dog xxx

11. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

I see. It's good to hear you're pursuing this. It's a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through, being treated like criminals and having a defenseless animal taken from you in such a way :( Merseyside police have a track record regarding the DDA, remember their 'Dangerous Dog Amnesty'? The Kennel Club Response To Disgraceful Merseyside ‘Dangerous Dog Amnesty’ - The Kennel Club

12. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

It disgusts me how easily they can put an innocent dog to sleep because of how it looks yet look at the scum that gets to walk the street without any problems even if they have murdered someone :mad:

13. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I didnt think a dog could be assessed until it was 9 months or older?

Sounds like those involved havent even followed the law in regards to seizure, assessment, court etc, just gone ahead a killed an innocent pet.

Really doesnt surprise me one little bit though.

14. jujuice

jujuice PetForums Newbie

They are heartless and obviously by the way they took Fudge not dog lovers....To knock at my mums door at 10pm at night and take Fudge ...I have no words that i can use on here to describe how i feel about them...
    Fudge and mum had just settled down for the night too...
    It breaks my heart and i pray so hard baby Fudge didnt realise what was happening to her.... She was so loved by us all, she played with my familys other dogs, German sheperds, Husky even my two CKCS dogs...she was just a baby...
    I could understand all this if she had hurt or bitten someone but she had'nt
    Thanks for the KC link...did not know about this xxx

15. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

I CANT BELIEVE THIS....IM SO ANGRY....cant they see its how a dog is brought up that makes the difference,each case should be individual and assessed.im very sorry for your

16. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

It is not unheard of for owners to be intimidated by the seizing authority into surrendering title for the dog. The threat of criminal action, the assurances that 'it's for the best', etc can sometimes persuade overwhelmed owners to allow something that, by rights, only a court can order.

Stories such as Annie's, Cassie's or Maisie's show how commonplace it may in fact be.

17. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

:( That's just awful. I can believe she was a wonderful little dog, she looked like a little cutiepie. There's so many sad instances of dogs being killed unlawfully, I don't know if you will have come across this website? In Memory | dedication to those we won't ever forget. Heartbreaking stories.

18. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Sounds a bit like the RSPCA when they talk people into signing their pets over to avoid prosecution.

That was a depressing read.

19. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

yeah your rite there, the way they word things you think you have no power or rights ova the matter. the poor lil mite...

20. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

But those dogs don't even look like PBT - if they want to know what a true PBT looks like they should watch a couple of episodes of Cesar Millan - always plenty on there and totally different to the look of those dogs, one even has the snout of a greyhound!

This God awful Coutry has gone mad and because of the bl**dy chavs and low lifes who's dogs have attacked in the past all dogs are now suffering. Chavvy boy won't care, he'll just go out and get another one! :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice