Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fruity puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Pezant, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

This puppy is becoming a master thief of the foodiest kind :O

I came downstairs this morning to get Henry ready to go to the office, only to find that in the short absence of anyone around, he'd jumped up on the table, stolen all the bananas from the fruit bowl and eaten them, skin and all! I don't think he's ever even HAD bananas before!

I had to tell the office I'd be a bit late and spent ten minutes scrubbing smooshed banana out of the carpet and off the kitchen floor. :rolleyes: Guess we'll be moving the fruit bowl onto the next highest worktop for tomorrow morning.

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

McKenzie LOVES fruit and banana is her absolute favourite. She knows the sound of a banana being opened!

3. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

Oh dear Henry :eek: He obviously felt he wasn't getting his five a day :D

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

LOL - we can't leave anything on our table as the dogs all less than 14 inches at the shoulder can climb up and will steal anything left on there when we are out :rolleyes:

Hope your pup doesn't get an upset tummy form eating too many bananas at once :( - but they do make a great training treat and mashed and stuffed into a kong then frozen keep them entertained for a little while :)

5. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Having had a Great Dane we've never got out of the habit of NEVER leaving anything edible on any surface. You can imagine how easy it was for him to get to anything. He didn't even need to stand on his hind legs :D

6. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

My friends who have a wolfhound also never leave anything in reach, not because of Tamzin, she doesn't steal anything, but her lil bro, Rudi a patterdalex, uses her as a climbing frame :D

7. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

We had coats hanging up in the hall where the GD and CS were left when we went out. We kept coming home to find the zips destroyed - I replaced three zips in my favourite jacket!!

The chewing was done by little teeth - the GD never chewed anything once he'd passed the age of two. But the CS couldn't reach the coats as he was too small.

We worked out that the GD must have got the coat down, and the CS chewed the zip to bits. Teamwork! :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice