Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Frozen liver cake

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by newfiesmum, Mar 25, 2011.

1. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Just wanted to know if it is ok to give the boys liver cake that is frozen, or should I thaw it out first? I wouldn't fancy eating anything that is frozen, except perhaps a lollipop!

2. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

Good question, I've wondered that myself. I read about freezing kongs and sterilized bones to make them last longer....Jess won't touch them when they're freezing cold! She waits til they've warmed up and then has a go.....so it doesn't last longer anyway, so it was pointless freezing it.....:blink:

3. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

I personally wouldn't give them loads but I've heard that if they're warm anyway, they can happily eat frozen food. If it's chopped up, I imagine it would defrost really quickly.

4. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I always use frozen- mainly because the smell of it make me gag.... never had any problems.

5. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I usually defrost mine first but forgot the other night so used the microwave to quickly do it ...... :eek: was disgusting, the smell was terrible!

6. lexie2010

lexie2010 PetForums Senior

yeah i keep it in the freezer and give it to lexie either straight from freezer or if its in treat bag on walks and stuff it usually is thawing as shes getting it-its only small so reckon she thaws it in her mouth. but shes a big fan of frozen food anyway:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice