UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you have used harnesses with a front ring (on the chest) as well as one on the back and does it help with pulling and reactiveness? I am asking this because I have recently ordered a training line (woo!) to use in the woods and recently he has started to resist his headcollar being put on and when it IS on he has started to pull alot more and it is starting to twist his face/make him lose fur around his nose! Yet when I put him on his slip lead or car harness he walks with his head up as ease.

Ah that was a bit of a ramble, sorry.

Also I have bought and tried a dogmatic for several months he would not take it at all.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
I tried an xtradog on my girl, and found that it didnt really help

a walkyourdogwithlove harness did work well, but they dont have a clip on the back

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Pets At Home have recently started offering a front clip harness.

I haven't tried it, but I did try a different one with my Lab who is very reactive. Have to say it was a nightmare. I had no control whatsoever and I find a headcollar far better.

If the Dogmatic doesn't help, have you tried a GENCON ALL-IN-ONE? I find this really good and it gives you a lot of control. It's literally just two loops - no metal bits at all. Best place to get one is here: Stop Dog Pulling - Gencon All-In-1, Head Collar | DogsKit.com

NOTE: NEVER, EVER USE A LONG LINE OR FLEXI - LEAD WITH A HEADCOLLAR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pets At Home have recently started offering a front clip harness.

I haven't tried it, but I did try a different one with my Lab who is very reactive. Have to say it was a nightmare. I had no control whatsoever and I find a headcollar far better.

If the Dogmatic doesn't help, have you tried a GENCON ALL-IN-ONE? I find this really good and it gives you a lot of control. It's literally just two loops - no metal bits at all. Best place to get one is here: Stop Dog Pulling - Gencon All-In-1, Head Collar | DogsKit.com

NOTE: NEVER, EVER USE A LONG LINE OR FLEXI - LEAD WITH A HEADCOLLAR.
Have been looking at the Gencon actually... Ah so a harness probs won't help zand with his OOOHHH PLAY thing. Didn't think so but I can hope haha.

Yep I know not to use a longline with a headcollar thats why I was looking for a harness with a front and abck clip, but I do have a normal harness I can use.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Daft question but is it good for normal walking? Does it help if Kilo reacts to something?
It would be fine, yes - it allows me to control him if he spies a cat before I do and reacts. I use just the back ring when running most of the time and then pass the lead through the front and attach to the side whenever we are around the streets as there are loads of cats!! I can hold him on it fairly easily if needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.