Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

From scratching to fever And sickness

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Kate2610, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Kate2610

Kate2610 PetForums Member

I posted a few days ago my dog couldn’t stop itching and had a few sores I’ve attached one on his ear. Then he was sick once like yellow Bile and was acting really lethargic and licking his lips a lot and gulping and off food he didn’t touch his biscuits at all . Normal stools and drinking fine.

Took him to the vets today and he has a slightly raised temp so had an anti sickness injection and antibiotic injection and we took him a course of antibiotics to start tomorrow, penicillin .they said to bring him back tomorrow night if no improvement

Since getting home seems slightly brighter, had some chicken and some of his biscuits he randomly started eating out of choice which he didn’t have any intrest in yesterday . Constantly lip licking has decreased. Still feels quite warm.

Has anyone had anything similar to this. The vet doesn’t know the reason at the moment could be related to the bites on his skin or could be unrelated but didn’t seem overly worried at the moment.
    He says tomorrow night to make a decision if we are going to do bloods and keep him in for the night if there isn’t an improvement on these antibiotics. At the moment I don’t see a huge improvement but a small one still seems quite tired and fed up but he only had the injection 10 hrs ago and hasn’t started the full antibiotic course yet..

Attached Files:

#1 Kate2610, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

Has he had tick bites? Lymes?

3. Kate2610

Kate2610 PetForums Member

No haven’t noticed any

Linda Weasel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice