1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we all know how this owner feels

rasputin said:
Her first (very wobbly) walk in about 6 months, and also her last

CDRM is a disgusting disease and I've sworn to never get another German Shepherd :(.

Still, she's 2 months away from her 14th birthday (born on Christmas day) so she's had a long life. With us since 6 weeks old and always riddled with health problems, but she's a fighter. She'll never allow herself to slip away from her family without a fight, so we've had to make a very difficult decision and the vet is coming round on Thursday :(.
Her life is nothing but sleep now, she has no energy or patience to interact with anyone or do anything, and we don't want to wait for her illness to start causing her pain and suffering.

I don't think I'll ever stop seeing her like this...

... which is probably why it took so long to make the decision. It's hard to believe that the little ball of fur and sharp teeth isn't coming back :cry:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Very sad, even sadder I think is the comment 'I'll never get another GSD', I have known many Gsd's and have not seen any with this disease. Seems a bit OTT - it obviously is horrible but not all have it, to me you could make that 'never again' statement about any breed, they can all have serious problems which is why you try to get as much info and background on a pup before buying.
I just watched a video of another dog with it on youtube, it was so sad to see but I don't think I would allow my dog to continue if she was as bad as the in the film. Life is about quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.