Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

frightening episode

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by pennyLokiMUM, Jul 17, 2017.

1. pennyLokiMUM

pennyLokiMUM PetForums Senior

Hi

My old lab Loki has had a scary episode, gave him his late night supper, curled up with his Dad, gave him his zantac in a piece of duck and he started choking and violently lip smacking, something stuck, he was gagging, we checked his mouth, nothing, rubbed his throat, he followed me to the kitchen violently gulping, then was really sick a massive burp, regurgitation of his supper.
    He did a massive burp again and then was lip smacking again after a tiny bit of water, just any water sets off the lip smacking.
    One hour later and he has settled, taken away water, just letting him sip, seems to be easing off
    He has been bright as a bucket, we took him round the block for 10 min and then fed him we wondered if that was too soon after his block walk, no sign of ill health. we have done this before and he is never sick, he was curled up when I give him his medicine, so could have gone down the wrong way
    keep fingers crossed that's it all over, in the morning I will give him some egg, staying up with him to keep watch tonight, hope its not a vet call

So frightened

2. Worrid much

Worrid much Banned

Sounds like it just went down the wrong way. Bet he's snoozing soundly now x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice