Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Friendly dwarf hamsters need you :)

Discussion in 'Small Animal Rescue and Adoption' started by Crittery, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Crittery

Crittery PetForums Member

Due to their owner moving to accommodation that doesn't allow pets, I have taken in a gorgeous little trio of dwarf hamsters.

They are approx. six months old, boys, and it seems they are hybrids of campbells/winter whites. This means they are prone to diabetes so new owners need to be careful with their diet.

[​IMG]

This is Shreddie. Shreddie is very friendly and likes to burrow and chew things. Watch out for wires!

[​IMG]

This is Puff. Puff is very sweet and calm. Looking like he'd be excellent as a starter hamster, as he isn't as fast as the others.

[​IMG]

This is Cheerio. He is best picked up through a toilet tube as he doesn't like to be approached when in his cage. He is friendly when he is out, and the most intelligent. He is very much an explorer.

These either need to go on their own, or for the new owner to have spare cages available in case of fallouts. Cheerio has that dark patch to his ear and his character is quite distinct from Shreddie so it is quite easy to tell them all apart.

Please do get in contact if you can offer a new home or know someone who might. I'm Oxfordshire based but transport may be available.

These are handsome, lovely little boys. Extremely friendly as well, considering the length I went to check they are boys!

2. Crittery

Quick Update:

The sad part - we lost Puff a couple of weeks ago. He became quite cold and lethagic extremely quickly and went downhill from there. It is possible that what I took as being very docile and friendly was indicative of something going on that became aggravated by the move :(

The happier part: The two other boys have shown no worrying signs at all so I'm happy for them to be homed. In fact it is looking promising for Shreddie to be homed this Friday, and Cheerio also has some interest so fingers crossed for them!

They are fantastic little fluffballs <3

#2 Crittery, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  3. LittlePaws AnimalRescue

LittlePaws AnimalRescue PetForums Senior

Sleep tight little Puff :( So sorry you lost him before he had the chance to find a forever home.

Good luck to the other 2 :)

4. metame

metame PetForums VIP

poor Puff, RIP.

good luck to cheerio and shreddie :)

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

aww RIP Puff - its very hard with our little pets to know if somethings up especially if your not familiar with their normal personalities you wernt to suspect anything was up. They are lovely looking little hammies and look very calm on your hands I hope they find their forever homes

6. Crittery

Thanks for good wishes all :)

Shreddie is settling in nicely to his new home and Cheerio has just been picked up a few moments ago :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice