French Bulldog

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DWW, Feb 4, 2018.

1. DWW

DWW PetForums Newbie

Hi, I have just joined the Forum, and wondered if anyone out there has a French bulldog, who has been diagnosed with BOAS - Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome.

Debbie

2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

3. Lynnmichelle32

Lynnmichelle32 PetForums Newbie

Hi there also new to the forum myself ...my frenchie is going for the endescope on the 17th April i think there thinking he has somthing wrong around this area .

4. DWW

DWW PetForums Newbie

Hi Lynn

Hope all goes well. Eric had his operation April 3rd and is recovering well. He’s still sick a lot though. Does your frenchie regurgitate a lot too?

5. Lynnmichelle32

Hi ...thanks for your reply ...yes he was being sick a lot 8/9 times a day the vet had put him on anti acid tablets its improved lots somedays nothing ...Marleys is more like flem than sick its white and clear somtimes has biscuits undigested in sorry for the tmi ...vet has reffered him for the endoscope ...what operation did Eric have?

6. DWW

DWW PetForums Newbie

Eric was suffering with the same symptoms. He was put on omeprazole tablets at night to help prevent the sickness. He has no energy in the mornings.

His operation was to have his nostrils widened and his palate cut, to increase the airway. He's been sick lots this week, but I've been chatting to another Frenchie owner who says her dog had the same problems at first but after a month this has almost stopped.

I'm hoping Eric will improve. He's had a whole day today without any sickness or regurgitation today, fingers crossed. It's a real worry.

7. Lynnmichelle32

Marley is on the same pills as Eric he also doesnt have any energy in a morning . I really hope Eric does improve ...we didnt believe what the vet was saying at first we actually went for a 2nd opinion it all seemed very rushed and all everyone seemed to want to know was about insurance we do have insurance but only upto 2,000 ...can i ask you what it cost for the surgery ?

8. DWW

DWW PetForums Newbie

We went to Willows in solihull for a referral, who confirmed everything our vet said, the 30 minute consultation was £380.00 and Willows charge £3500 for the operation. Our vet charged £1700 for the procedure. I have Petplan insurance - the basic one and we are covered for up to £3000.

9. Lynnmichelle32

We have been refered to liverpool leahurst, its about an hour away , im hoping they find nothing wrong really but i know there going too ! .

10. DWW

DWW PetForums Newbie

At least you will know and be able to make informed decisions on what’s best for him. Let me know how you get on.

11. Lynnmichelle32

I will let you know and thankyou