Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

French bulldog with discharge.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Rebekahelizabethh9711, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Rebekahelizabethh9711

Rebekahelizabethh9711 PetForums Newbie

Hi!

I have a 5 year old French Bulldog and I’ve had her for a year. For the last few days she’s had a pretty swollen vulva and today I noticed she was laid in a small puddle of discharge. I cleaned her, gave her a bath and then put a nappy on her just to keep the sofa etc clean and after an hour or two I’ve taken it off to see greenish discharge in the nappy and it has an awful smell. I’ve cleaned her and put a fresh nappy on her but I’m very worried as to what this can be. I thought she was maybe on heat when her vulva first started to swell up but she’s had no blood or bloody discharge at all so I don’t think it’s that. Does anyone know what this may be? I am going to call the vet tomorrow to hopefully get an appointment but as the vet has closed now, there’s nothing I can do until then. Any help or advice would be massively appreciated, thank you!

Attached Files:

2. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

I'd give the emergency vet a call. Discharge like that could mean pyometra which can be very serious indeed.

3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Agree with this. I just want to emphasise the importance of phoning the emergency vets now and not waiting for a morning appointment. Green discharge and bad smell is not a good sign.

Lurcherlad and picaresque like this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Have you contacted the vet yet?

5. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Interestingly I have just read this same thread, word for word, on another forum and posted today. The post also contained a link to this forum and also another to what appears to be an advertising site.

6. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

I do hope this dog got to the vet.

7. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Anything yellow/green especially with a foul smell usually indicates infection. It sounds like pyometra is likely which is a uterine infection and serious and should be treated as urgent. There are two types open where the infection will drain from the uterus/vulva, which sounds like the type she has, and also closed where the infection gets sealed in the uterus and you don't know until they become otherwise unwell. With the closed especially its possible also to get uterine rupture. She needs to see a vet urgently, left untreated pyometra is a killer.

8. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Given this was originally posted three weeks ago and the exact same post has appeared on another forumtoday, word for word, I suspect this thread is not all it seems

Lurcherlad and Sled dog hotel like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice