Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

French Bulldog Puppy Worming

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by justry4n, Apr 10, 2017.

1. justry4n

justry4n PetForums Newbie

My frenchie was 8 weeks on the 08/04/2017, and I can remember reading somewhere when he's still a puppy he needs to be wormed weekly.. i just wanted to double check that is correct?

What is the correct frequency to worm my frenchie?
    What should I use to do it?

Thanks in advance.
    Ryan

2. leisurely

leisurely PetForums Junior

Weekly? have I been neglecting my 12 week old? <concerned>

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

t
    Puppies do need worming more regularly then adult dogs. Really the breeders should have started a worming programme and should have told you when he has been wormed, when he was last wormed and when the next one is due.

A typical puppy worming programme is starting at 2/3 weeks old or at least once weaning has started, then every 2/3 weeks until 12 weeks old, and then monthly up until 6 months old and then after that they can be wormed like adults every 3/4 months.

Worming products can vary so according to the product it may be a slightly different worming regime to the above. Have you had him vet checked yet and his first vaccinations? If not the best thing to do is discuss a worming programme with the vet when you go for his health checks and vaccinations. Although you can buy wormers in places like pet shops the veterinary ones are much better. He will also need to be weighed accurately as the worming dosage is based on puppies weight.

4. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

As a rule, a puppy should be wormed at 3, 5 and 7 weeks by the Breeder.

The new owner should then speak to their Vet about a worming programme.

Pups need worming once a month up to six months of age.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice