Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

French Bulldog Litter

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Ben Pennington, Nov 24, 2021 at 12:28 PM.

1. Ben Pennington

Ben Pennington PetForums Newbie

Good morning all,

My Frenchie has just given birth to a beautiful litter of 10 healthy pups who are around 3 weeks old.

I’m just in the process of registering them, but I’m struggling with the colour of two of them. 8 of which are blue, just like the parents, but 2 of which are more of a cream shade, I’m thinking possibly Lilac? I’m a little bit lost with it TBH. Helps required! Not the easiest to see via the pictures, but you can clearly see they aren’t blue!

Attached Files:

2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I presume you are trying to register them with the KC? If so they only permit colours of fawn, brindle or pied. All other colours will be registered as not recognised

LinznMilly, Sairy and O2.0 like this.
  3. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

The KC will not register these colours. As Siskin says, these would be "not recognised" and would not qualify as show dogs.

"All other colours highly undesirable, including solid black, black and white, black and tan, mouse, grey/blue, liver/chocolate and all patterns of these colours."

4. Ben Pennington

Yeah I get that, from registering mum and dad, but their still both listed as Blue on the KC document, just unsure what to put these two little unique ones through as. If you were to label them a colour, what would you opt for?

5. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe blue fawn?

Ben Pennington likes this.
  6. Ben Pennington

Google imagines would seem to agree! Much appreciated, thank you.

7. David C

David C PetForums Senior

Fawn sable with black mask

8. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Out of curiosity, why did you breed two blue frenchies - an unrecognized color that is also associated with skin issues?

9. Ben Pennington

Suppose the main reason given I own both of them. Both fit and healthy, so no issues with health at my end.

10. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Oh okay.
    Are you interested in more ethical, responsible ways of breeding? More information about health and health testing?

11. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

Have the parents been BOAS graded through the Kennel Club scheme? Many breeders often don't own both parents, as it's unusual to own that perfect match.
    https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/he...creening/respiratory-function-grading-scheme/

Bulldogs and flat-faced dogs are a hot topic here. According to the BWG (Brachycephalic Working Group), Kennel Club registrations for Frenchies were the highest in 2020 since records began, over 39,000 Frenchie puppies. We're definitely not short of Frenchies. https://www.vetclick.com/news/dog-w...ced-puppies-ahead-of-festive-season-p7888.php

Burrowzig likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice