Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

French bulldog advice

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Lauren69f, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Lauren69f

Lauren69f PetForums Newbie

Hi all just wondering if any one could give me some help ... I have an 8 month old French bulldog who I got when he was 5 months old ... we got him from someone who was breeding Rottweilers and they had basically attacked him and he had lots of old bite marks on his head and ears ... anyway - when we got him he was teething and both of his ears were down then one went up, the other stayed floppy. My question is, is his floppy ear destined to stay floppy or is there even a slim chance it may stand on its own without intervention!? Could a deep ear infection be the cause of the floppy ear? The floppy ear felt very soft and weak until the last week when it has hardened up (only way I can explain) and it sometimes stands but goes back floppy after around 10 mins

2. Lauren69f

Lauren69f PetForums Newbie

Forgot to add he is a thick set French bulldog (just like his dad)

3. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

If the ear is becoming erect for 10 minutes, before falling again, I would say you are in with a chance.

At 8 months old, he is likely cutting molars/premolars, so is still teething.

You will probably know within the next couple of months as the ear should go up and stay up if it's going to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice