Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Freedom

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Jul 25, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

Do you think the sacrifices made by the people in the two world wars were made for nothing, as successive uk governments have handed over more decisions to foreign leaders?

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Part of me thinks so, yes :yesnod:

3. bird

bird PetForums VIP

A little we should never have joined the EU imo harold conned us :( but in the main no their sacrifice was not in vain even tho it feels it at times

4. Without shawdow of doubt,as far a I am concerned te sooner we revert to being a 'singe' nation answrable on to ourselves the better!!
    BUT even worse then tht Rona! We are in great danger of losing out freedom of speech!
    DT

5. rona

rona Guest

It's not just freedom of speech though is it, you don't seem to be able to do anything any more with someone monitoring you :(

6. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

I agree that monitoring and freedom of speech are now becoming bigger problems, but I think we were right to join the EU.

7. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

My grandad fought in world war 1 and 2,
    I think us going into the eu was a bad move! my grandad died in 1987 and nana died less than 6 months later!
    But my grandad would of been 114 today is he would of still been alive!
    I think that my grandad served his country well!
    Sandy

8. zanussi

zanussi PetForums Member

It's a much smaller world now than it used to be with advances in technology & transport, so I think it's essential that we have to change our relationships with other countries. We all need to work together to improve our world, we can't do it on our own. We have so much freedom thanks to our ancestors and I think we forget how lucky we are compared to the many people throughout the world.

9. rona

rona Guest

Yes we are lucky compared to some. certainly we owe a lot to generations past.
    I still believe that our freedoms are slowly being taken from us by each and every government since the 1970's.
    Surely we can trade with other countries without selling our soul :(

10. davehyde

davehyde Banned

way too much interference in our daily lives by the powers that be.

instead of tackling crime and drugs and stuff the ban us from smoking, a perfectly legal activity, throw health and safety at us at every oppurtunity, take our picture about 200 times a day and pretend it is progress.:cursing:

11. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

I agree that there's too much interference but health and safety I don't mind so much, I'd rather have it than not have it, taking our picture, well, I guess if you've nothing to hide you've nothing to worry about, and as for tackling drugs, well they are, they banned smoking :eek:ut:

Seriously, the smoking ban is one of the most ridiculous bans ever. The government will never make smoking illegal, they revenue that they raise pretty much pays for the NHS, it would seriously collapse without it.

It's one of those things where they have to be seen to be sending out the right messages, that smoking is bad for you and you can only smoke in certain places, but if they were in any way serious about it they would make it illegal.

If that happens, I'll eat my hat, and yours! :D

12. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

The goverment suck!!! :mad:

The boys who fought in world 1 and world war 2 were fighting for their rights and beliefs, we have to be responsible for our own fight. In an ideal world you would think that after those two terrible wars and great loss of life that things would change for the better but life is ever changing.

I am eternally greatful for all those that live and have lost their lives protecting our rights and our country, its just a shame that the goverment dont feel the same. :(

xx

13. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

i agree, those that have died in the past died for their own beliefs, and we should fight for ours, unfortunatly due to the cruelty our government inflicts on its own people many are too scared to do so, the government know this and have been pushing and pushing, taking away more freedoms and making more and more people miserable whilst thinking only of themselves. I like to think that even us english people can only take so much and i cant wait for the people to stand up and take back what is ours. The government will continue to rule us as a dictatorship until we stand up for ourselves. I hope that day comes quickly because i for one have had enoough. when the day comes that the general public do decide to stand up for themselves, there will be a civil war and although it is a shame things will have to come to that in a way i cant wait. it needs to happen at some point the government is too corrupt.

14. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

So true and i totally agree. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice