Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Freecycle ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sallyanne, Jun 30, 2009.

1. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Do you freecycle ?

I do,I'm just getting rid of some of the kids stuff that they have outgrown,like toy pushchairs,playhouses etc....

2. rona

rona Guest

No, good way to get the house sorted though :)

3. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

yep when i remember my passward i do lol

and prob will be in the next few weeks,its very good at getting rid of stuff

But i hate the people who email you with "whats your address i'll collect now" mmm no you wont mate jog on!

i only give to polite people :)

4. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

yep I use it regularly, to get rid of unwanted furniture etc, & have had a few decent bits off there too :)

5. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

yep im always on it , ive got rid of loads on it bedrrom furnature and dining table etc..... i got a fish tank off there and some hamster stuff .

6. Sort of read that wrong SAlly! almost thought you were trying to get rid of the kids via freecycle!:eek:

Hows the food going??
    lol
    DT

7. Dundee

Dundee Banned

Yes, I think it's great. I hate throwing things out that still have life in them. The only down side is it can attract people trying to make money. Last year I advertised an Ikea tv stand/cabinet that was still current in the range and in excellent condition. I had loads of enquiries and thought first come first served - they picked it up early one sunday evening. At the same time I was looking for an Ikea cabinet from the same range and that night I did a search on gumtree - only to find my cabinet for sale at £40. I was pretty mad as if I had wanted to make money I would have sold it myself, so you do have to be careful.

Last year, my daughter went to India to work at a school/orphanage and they sent her a list of things they needed. I put the list on freecycle and had lots of offers. She ended up filling most of her suitcase - old laptops, a couple of musical instruments, clothes etc. Everyone was so generous.

8. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

LOL,there's always one,what did Rona tell you about reading posts properly! ;) :D
    It's just the kids stuff they have outgrown and no longer use.

The food is going really well,they are enjoying it and dishes are always empty,I thought they would be ok on it,so I will stick with it I think especially at that price.Delivery was quick too. :)

9. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

sorry to sound dumb....what is freecycle?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice