Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

free RR

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by littleangel01, Nov 10, 2012.

1. littleangel01

littleangel01 PetForums VIP

just saw an ad for a free ridgeback :( poor boy hopfully someone nice will have him as im noticing more nd more ridgebacks at the moment them and huskys seem to be taking over from staffys :(

dont know if this is allowed but tis is what the ad said

i am moving to chile and just dont have the money to take the dog (Red) with me.
    Red is a beautiful dog ,very loving ,loves his cuddles. can be fine around children over 8 years old. can be very playful and as he is a big dog you must have experience with big dogs to own this breed. a bit nervous of hands and strangers but properly introduced will be very friendly. just has to get to know you before he lets you stroke him on top of his head.
    i love red very much , he is the best dog i have ever owned and ive owned a few. if anyone would give me the money to take him with me i would.

he is house trained. sits, lies down , rolls onto back and lots of other fun tricks. normally very obedient but has his moments of being cheeky.

like i have said free to a good home but must have have big dogs before!
    hes chipped and had all his vaccinations .

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

3. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

It is always worth passing these sort of things on to a rescue who can help :)

4. littleangel01

i have emailed the owner as well as a breed rescue so fingers crossed that they will listen.

there seem to be a lot of ridgebacks around at the moment also a lot of RR x mastiffs

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

RRxmastiff and RRxstaff are popular here too - they produce a dog that looks of a certain type and makes the owner look dead hard :rolleyes:. I've been asked to use Kilo with both breeds before now in the park. Met a few ridgies too that I have assumed are crosses but weren't apparently and temperaments dodgy as anything which was another bonus point as they were protective and not to be messed with :incazzato:. Just makes me sad. On the plus side; the owners of those dogs asked what Kilo was crossed with so weren't interested in using him!!

6. Rah

Rah PetForums Senior

Same with Greyhound x SBT. They're becoming evermore popular. Technically George is a Longdog.

SJ

7. littleangel01

the ones i have met haven had the best temps :( some one once asked if they could mate their ridge x mastif to lexi - he was twice the width of her i very quickly walked away

8. littleangel01

my loverly rio was a staff x whippet couldnt of asked for a more loving and loyal dog broke my heart when she died :(

but seeing more bull lurchers around and not many are bred/trained for temp :(

9. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

There are other RR Breed rescues as well as the one Dogless has given may be worth passing these on to the owners too.

Contact details on the link
    Rhodesian Ridgeback Breed Rescue

10. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Sorry; just provided most local rescue to you - should have thought....

11. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

J.ust thought if one cant take her or have space maybe another will, although the one you gave I think is the National one and the other ones more localised. So may be too far anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice