Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Free Royal Canin Renal Diet

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Steve Mitten, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Steve Mitten

Steve Mitten PetForums Newbie

Hi

Due to the recent passing of my beloved cat, I have a quantity of Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal food to give away to someone who has a cat suffering with chronic kidney failure.

5no. 12x100g wet pouches Beef (60)
    2no. 12x100g wet pouches Tuna (24)

You will, ideally, be able to collect from me in Gloucester, Gloucestershire.

Email me in the first instance.

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi Steve,

There is a sticky on the board entitled "Welcome to Food Club", and if you were to post this there as well I am sure someone would come along and jump at your kind offer.:)

3. Steve Mitten

Thanks. Think I've done what you advised but not really sure??

4. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Yes, I just checked - you have posted it in the Food Club thread. Good:thumbsup:

5. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Be aware though that you need to have at least 25 posts before anyone can message you. If you don't find any takers here I am sure your local cat rescue would take them off you gladly.

So sorry to hear about your cat.

6. Steve Mitten

Tried cat rescue. No response.

Do wonder if they're more likely to have cats in such ill health euthanised rather than prolong their lives?

7. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

8. RASH

RASH PetForums Junior

So sorry about your Cat :S

Did you find this food helped your cat live a little longer?

My friends cat has been told his cat of 14 has kidney problems also and the vet asked him to buy some expensive food online which he did.

Again So sorry to hear the bad news

Dave

9. Steve Mitten

Dave

It will vary but my Sam lived a full life for about 5 years after diagnosis.
    She was on this food for this time but also had many treats such as prawns, liver, mince, tuna. She loved her treats and I'm sure this kept her motivated as her health deteriorated albeit at an astonishingly slow rate. I was also giving her a Fortekor 2.5mg tablet once a day during this time. These were £16 from vet at repeat prescription price & 4 week course. I found it cheaper to buy the food online - Petplanet mainly but I always compared prices and checked offers. Sam was 20 when she died and I had just noticed a slight smell and her looking weary and instances of circling and increased frequency of vomiting and decided to euthanise before any more serious signs which would have been upsetting to watch and frightening for Sam.

Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice