UK Pet Forums Forum banner
916 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Robster231 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Right so you are using people's pet dogs and taking them to unfamiliar environments to interact with people they don't know.

Your website FAQ s page is all about health and safety for the corporate people who want the digs to visit but nothing about how you ensure the well-being of the dogs themselves.

What happens if the digs don't want to interact, what happens if the dog is unhappy with being there. How do you ensure that the dogs only have positive experiences. How do you control your corporate clients behaviours so that the dogs are safe, happy and comfortable. What happens if a dog injures someone.

To be honest it sounds like you are exploiting pet dogs for the sake of earning 500 pounds per visit from corporate clients.

It doesn't matter that one person was previously employed by the rspca and the guide dogs for the blind and one still is. Are they behaviourists, do they subscribe to positive reinfircement? As far as we know they could be volunteers, work in the shop or collect poo.

I can hardly think of a worst idea to be honest.

If anyone wants free dog care then they are going to have to think hard about how this is in their dogs best interests.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions.....

We make it very clear that the welfare of the dogs comes first.
If the dogs (not digs) show any kind of stress, we immediately remove them from the session and they leave, to a safe space. But...way before we take them on, we check that all our dogs enjoy interaction, that they are comfortable around other dogs and if any way they show signs of aggression, unhappiness or negativity then we don't take them anywhere.

All clients are given very strict T&C's that we share only with clients regards behaviour during sessions. Everyone we've ever supplied sessions to are naturally respectful of the dogs and their needs and I have never witnessed anything other than positive experiences.

We have full public liability insurance (as stated in our FAQs that you said you read) that covers any injuries (which have never happened). All our clients receive risk assessments and we always sign off on health and safety regulations.

In summary, we provide a positive stimulating environment and day for the dogs which they don't get if they're left at home all day. We are basically dog care with a difference - a much more enjoyable situation for the dogs than being 'dog walked' with 10 other dogs on a lead, or just being sat with at home.

If you have any other specific questions then don't hesitate to get in touch and I can provide you with more through answers rather than through a long winded discussion on here.

#4 · (Edited)
Thank you for highlighting my phones accidental auto-correct. I generally find most people don't feel the need to point out auto-correct typos in posts but it's kind of you to do so.

Also thank you for providing a response regarding the issues. I suspect most regulars on pet forums would not let their dogs participate in such a thing especially in their absence.

You may wish to make the care you take for the dogs completely clear on your website as no where is it explicitly detailed in your FAQs. It's all about how the office workers - your paying customers are considered.

Is there a reason why you have deleted your original ad ?

#5 ·
Thanks for that, I will indeed make this clearer on the website. Ad now gone because I don't really think this is the place for me to place a simple ask - I don't have time to reply on thread after thread which is very likely to happen on this site, so I will move on, but thanks for your input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.