Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Free Dog Advertising at Pets4Homes

Discussion in 'Dog Classifieds' started by petforum, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjack11

blackjack11 Banned

The same person who was posting before has two different posts today, one for a six month old chi and another for a litter of pups.

2. blackjack11

blackjack11 Banned

Just days after advertising one of her dogs for sale, due to the fact her other dogs did not accept a new dog in the house, this woman has a wanted notice for a female chi.

3. clueless

clueless Banned

Obviously nothing was done the last time she posted an advert. Hopefully this time she will be stopped as she sounds like a BYB to me

4. dumas ray

dumas ray PetForums Newbie

i am giving out my beagle dog for free adoption into any home interested.Rima is 14 weeks old and loves playing around with children and other pets at home.He has all health papers and toys and loves going at times to the beach.he has this habbit of barking at himself when looking into the mirror and also likes barking at his place of food when he is hungry.contact me if interested in having Rima as a new member of the familly.

Attached Files:

5. dumas ray

dumas ray PetForums Newbie

i am giving out my beagle dog for free adoption into any home interested.Rima is 14 weeks old and loves playing around with children and other pets at home.He has all health papers and toys and loves going at times to the beach.he has this habbit of barking at himself when looking into the mirror and also likes barking at his place of food when he is hungry.contact me if interested in having Rima as a new member of the familly.

Attached Files:

6. ERKK

ERKK PetForums Newbie

I have an add on the site at the moment, i am really impressed with the amount of replies i am getting, well done pets4homes !!! I'm getting my share of timewasters but that comes as part of it, but i have some very lovely possible new parents lined up. :thumbup:

7. GeordieBabe

GeordieBabe PetForums Senior

its a very good site,i check it about 10 times a day as im looking to rehome a dog:D

8. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

Hi,
    about the women in bridgewater, I think I brought a dog from her. I don't know for sure as the advert has been removed.

It was a chinese crested (Summer)I brought from her, which she had not bred herself. She was advertised for £500, and I paid £400 for her in the end, she told me she had paid more. She was apparently selling as one of her chihauhau's didn't get on with her. (She did tell me she bred chi's and had about 3 females and a couple of males)

After I had her a few days I contacted the people who bred her and it turns out they only sold her to the lady for £200 and they were not happy that she had not returned her to them. I saw an advert from her a few weeks later wanting a pug, for free. :eek:

I don't think that she bred all the breeds she was selling, I think she was getting them cheap and selling them for more money! It took me ages to save the money to buy a CC, and while I dont regret paying the money for Summer, it does annoy me what she is/was doing. I have recently seen a wanted advert for a free CC on another site placed by a lady from bridgewater, but under a different user name than before, it makes me wonder if she was banned, so has now set up another account to start doing it again. :confused:

9. AJirbandey

AJirbandey PetForums Newbie

10. mollyismyworld

IMG_4684.jpg

Is Pets for Homes the same as the store?

There is a store near me which is selling puppies with papers, but without seeing the parents or environments they come from.

I was pretty upset when I heard about it....this isn't the same is it?:sad:

11. l0ttie

l0ttie PetForums Newbie

i placed an add on the 1st december yet it still hasnt shown up in a search, have tried the contact us on there and even sent an email but had no reply from anyone.. :(

12. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

i found my little man dai on the pets4homes site it's a brilliant site i go on there now and then just to look at the dogs and puppies (especially the dachshunds and chihuahuas) as my sister is looking for another tri colour chihuahua. i was on there a few weeks ago and to my horror someone had a pregnant dachshund which was 7-8 weeks gone i think there should be a rule that doesn't allow the sale of pregnant bitches as it's a stressful time to be rehomed and even more stressful if the bitch is pregnant.

13. sallysqueak

sallysqueak PetForums Junior

Just added my website to your directory and your link to my site, hope it's all ok :D

14. WeLoveCatsandDogs

WeLoveCatsandDogs PetForums Newbie

Hi there! I'm co-ordinating my first fun dog show (for charity!) in Hazel Grove...can you post events on there?
    Andrea

Fun Dog Show and Family Day
    Sat 4th August - 11am to 4pm
    Torkington Park, Hazel Grove, Stockport.
    Childrens rides and games, Fire Engine, Animals from Lower Moss Wood.
    Various stalls including Plants, Bric a Brac, Books, Crafts, Pet Goods, Face Painting, Toys and more.....
    Dog Show Classes: (1.50 per class)
    1. Best Puppy
    2. Best Veteran
    3. Best Long-Coated
    4.Best Short-Coated
    5. Handsomest Dog
    6. Prettiest Bitch
    7. Best Trick
    8. Dog/Bitch most like to take home
    9. Waggiest Tail
    10. Best Rescue Bitch
    All Group Winners Automatically Entered For..... Best In Show

15. Alfshuman

Alfshuman time to stop work and start playing

Personally, and I am probably committing heresy here, given Pets4Homes is owned by the same people as Pet Forums I am not a fan of Internet puppy advertising sites because as a general rule they are full of traps for the unwary or naiive puppy buyer.

Whilst the advice about buying puppies on this site is better than many of the other sites, it still leaves something to be desired, as it is all too easy for dishonest people to give the impression of a responsible breeder when in fact they are anything but, for example, as someone else mentioned, posting photos of puppies with children to give the idea that this is a pet brought up in the middle fo the family, or bringing the puppy and litter mates inside with their mum to meet the prospective owner - when in fact they have been born and raised in cold, comfortless runs outside, well hidden from the unwary buyer. Another trick is for one person to advertise dogs for a bigger commercial organisation, again to give the impression of a much loved pet. I could go on ......

On the breed specific side, i am one of the pet representatives on the Dachsund Breed Council's Health and Welfare SubCommitee and one of the things i aim to do is therefor to raise awareness of the same in the non-showing dog owning community. I was not impressed therfore to see no reference in your dachshund breed information about two inherited conditions for which testing is now available: Cord1 (causing progressive retinal atrophy - blindness - in some older mini smooths and longs) and Lafora, a form of epilepsy that affects up to 10% of min wires (which means that around 30% are carriers - they won't show the symptoms but can pass the disease on to pups if bred with another carrier or affected dogs. As my dog Alf has just been put to sleep as a result of the dreadful implications of this condition in later life (blindness, difficulty walking, dementia) I am passionate about raising awareness of this - especially now it is possible to test for the condition through the WHDC testing programme.

I am sure that others with in depth knowledge of their own breeds could identify similar glaring omissions. If prospective puppy buyers will persist in using these sites then surely the site owners have a responsibility to ensure the information provided is accurate and complete.

16. wee man

wee man PetForums VIP

If you registered with the site first it is very easy to use, I am by no means a computer literate person but I found the Pets 4Homes site very easy to use. If you want your advert to stay near the front of the listings it is best to "update" it every day. :)

I find this site very "Pet Forums" very difficult to navigate and follow and I can loose things very easily!
    Some you win and some you loose !!

17. wee man

wee man PetForums VIP

A BRILLIANT SITE. Pets4Homes.

#37 wee man, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  18. Doodle_guy_USA

Doodle_guy_USA PetForums Newbie

Being in the US, do you also have a site for us colonists, or can you recommend one?

19. Pet Supplies 2 You

Pet Supplies 2 You PetForums Newbie

Online pet store petsupplies2you.co.uk
    New logo New look.
    More products than ever before.
    For cats and dogs.

20. Julie3101

Julie3101 PetForums Newbie

Hi

We are looking to buy a cavalier King Charles spaniel in the next few weeks. This will be our first dog.Having heard all the stories of puppy farming etc I am now very weary of who to buy from. Does anyone know of any legitimate sellers? Or can offer me any advice please?. Also does anyone know why there are lots of this breed for sale in Camarthanshire? Am I correct to be suspicious or not?

Thanks
    Julie xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice