Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

free collie pups !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dexter, Jun 12, 2010.

1. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

Collie Dogs Free
    £free

free collie dogs, 7 males 1 female about 8 weeks old need to go to good home

oh dear wot a shame . one wonders what'll happen to the poor wee ones.

2. poppydog1

poppydog1 PetForums Member

Poor things its so sad.:mad:

3. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

poor dogs, lets hope they end up in sensible homes, especially the girl

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I expect they will find as good homes as expensive pups do. Farm collies are usually very cheap though never seen them totally free before.

Why is the girl more important.

5. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

she is in the fact someone could get her free and breed her, they are all important but that's what i meant.

6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

but so could anyone with any bitch puppy. No money in breeding collies so it isnt very likely. Lets hope they all go to some sort of working home.

7. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

yeah but ya never know with some people in the world, they may see her as a way to make £, I do hope they get good understanding homes.

8. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

well lets hope they do as they bare FREE!................. (whats expensive pups got to do with the post!!!!!)

9. canisred

canisred PetForums Newbie

Where about are these pups? my antie has lost her 18 year old cross breed a few weeks ago and is after another dog,
    god knows who will end up with these pups :mad:

10. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Quite often dogs who go to homes for free are cared for exactly the same as the dogs that are paid for....

Not everyone in the world wants to get a dog for free then neglect it... And not all people that give dogs away free, give them to just anyone. For all you know this person giving these pups away maybe vetting the homes they go to...

Giving away dogs free may just help people who have unexpectedly lost a dog in unfortunate circumstances and are not in a situ where they can splash out on a dog...

When I was a kid a dog jumped into our garden and raped our colliex GSD, (we had a 6' fence) the vet had to come out and seperate them. When she had the pups.. (male was a rough collie) we gave them away free. They got lovely homes.. Well cared for and owners kept in touch with us for years and were so greatful of the little bundles of joy...

Goodluck to all the puppies and may they have a long happy life. xxx

11. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

I'm going to sound just like my mother now - this is how it used to be when I was growing up, accidental matings were often given away free to good homes. I hope they do end up in good loving homes - one can never tell - even if money has exchanged hands.

One positive thing is that the breeder definitely isn't doing it for the money.

12. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Exactly... And how many people on here bring up about expensive mutts..lol Seems these people advertising can never do right.. hahah

alaun likes this.
  13. KathyM

KathyM PetForums Senior

It is a fact though that people are more likely to take on a puppy on a whim if they are advertised for free, and it is safer to ask a rehoming fee. If the owner is doing checks this might bypass these people, but it would still be advisable for them to charge a low and safe amount such as £75-£100 for each puppy.

14. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Agreed. When i was younger most "family" pets were from accidental matings or surplass working litters and very little (if anything) was paid for them.

It was people wanting more "exotic" breeds and the "fashionable" pup of the moment that caused the prices you see now for pet dogs :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice