Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

free cats anyone?!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jun 1, 2010.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

ARGH!!!! They are driving me absolutely mad!!! :mad:

I don't know what to do :crying:

They are SO stressed at not being allowed to go outside yet, but we only moved here on thursday!

One of them has pooped behind the sofa and one of them weed on OH beanbag and floor infront of the tv :( Despite me giving the litter box a full cleanout every other day and a scoop out the other days.

They are using my couch as a scratch post :(

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Have you tried feliway?

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Not a cat person myself - but when friends moved they left their cats poop in the tray for a couple of days (sort of half cleaned out the tray so it kept their scent etc) and kept the cats confined to the kitchen for the first 48 hours.
    I'm sure they'll settle in soon, give them time.

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

If I leave the poop for longer than 24 hours it stinks the place out and they shove litter and poop out the door of it :(

Cant confine them to a room either, tried to shut them in the bathroom with the litter box when we had the back door open and they sit and wait for you coming then bolt out between your legs! Lol
    And Im certainly not shutting them in either of the kids rooms incase they wee everywhere we cant afford new carpets.

I want to lock them in the shed! :(

I am going to order a feliway see if that will help but Im not sure it will, they are not stressed in themselves, its just at various points of the day Milo want to go out then walks around shouting at me to open doors. When he does this is put him in the bathroom with the litter box and when I let him back out he has used it, but at night he doesnt he just shouts at the top of his voice for me to open doors!

5. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Do you want me to get you a tazer? :D

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I'll swap you for 3 timid, totally unhouse trained kitties that still have another 5-10yrs in them!:D

7. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I'll take them ;) I'm sure my landlord would love you! I ask for 1 he says no so I get 3 :lol:

8. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

My cat didnt want to go out when I first moved LOL he was too scared;)

I would deffo suggest some feliway or something to try and calm them down - I just made sure mine had lots of his things around with scent on ie bedding/blankets etc - I also left his carrier out for a while as a safe haven if he got a bit scared - not sure about poop tray mine was fine but its probably just nerves really ;) hope they settle soon :)xx

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Great idea!! They will drive your landlord insane coz they will hide when he turns up and he wont be able to work out why there is a puddle of wee on the cooker or a huge turd on the sofa!!BOL:lol:

10. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

My brothers just moved house with six cats and other animals lol. He is keeping the cats in until he feels they will be establshed enough to know the house!! He is finding poops in the den where they are and they have litter trays too.

11. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

PMSL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice